1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

April

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by wellnermp, Apr 29, 2011.

1. wellnermp

wellnermp Senior Member
    from Alaska

A few pics from the last couple of weeks. The ground under our driveway and the road is pretty well thawed out, so unless it snows more than about 4" or 5" I've been trying to leave it so it doesn't make a huge muddy mess.

100_2587.jpg

100_2592.jpg

100_2588.jpg

2. wellnermp

wellnermp Senior Member
    from Alaska

Couple more from today.

100_2605.jpg

100_2606.jpg

3. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pic's! Could I ask why you went from the chevy to the ford?

4. wellnermp

wellnermp Senior Member
    from Alaska

That, my friend, is a long story. Truth be told, I've always been a Ford guy at heart, but I got one chevy and it kind of grew on me. Anyway, long story short, got married last summer, and the wife wasn't too keen on the regular cab, so we got this one. Pretty happy with it so far.

5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice pictures. It's done snowing in Maine and I've had a little break now so, I'm ready to start plowing again. HAHA

6. wellnermp

wellnermp Senior Member
    from Alaska

Couple from this morning. This driveway is about a mile and half long, and the people are really friendly. One of my favorite jobs.

They're saying maybe we'll see mid 60's next week, but we'll see. I'm sure it will be the end of may before I put the plow away for a few months. I got a video this morning too, but we'll see how that goes....

100_2627.jpg

100_2633.jpg

100_2629.jpg

7. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

I like those lights you aim forward off the backrack Thumbs Up and I wanna move to Montana

8. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pics, you might be the next alaska boss

9. wellnermp

wellnermp Senior Member
    from Alaska

Thanks, they're pretty handy. They're actually remote controlled spot lights. I keep them pointed back most of the time since they tend to reflect off my mirrors otherwise.

100_2610.jpg

10. wellnermp

wellnermp Senior Member
    from Alaska

Well thanks! My wife and I are actually looking at moving back to Alaska (where we're from originally) in a month or so, so it's funny you mention that.

Anyway, one from last night pushing through a drift. The sun came out this afternoon, so I couldn't help but take a few more.

100_2612.jpg

100_2653.jpg

100_2657.jpg

11. ram4x443015

ram4x443015 Senior Member

man how i miss the snow all ready we are 3 weeks in to mowing and i am all ready for it to be done with :(

12. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Awesome pics, what does rural land like that go for an acre up there or how about a 20 acre parcel?

13. wellnermp

wellnermp Senior Member
    from Alaska

Thanks. Ground around here varies quite a bit depending on where you are. Generally, the closer you are to a ski hill, the price goes through the roof. I did some work at a place this winter around Big Sky where 10,000+ square foot houses were the norm....and most all of them are second/third/fourth homes :dizzy:

Anyway, seems like a nice chunk of woods with a decent view could be had for around 120 or so.

100_2659.jpg

14. wellnermp

wellnermp Senior Member
    from Alaska

Looks like spring might be making a longer appearance than I had thought. The weather has been really nice the last couple of days, but luckily for me I've been laid up with a bit of a knee injury so the only way I can really get out and enjoy it is to take a drive. Anyway, managed to hobble far enough away from the pickup to snap a few pics. Even saw a few elk. Hope you all enjoy them.

100_2677.jpg

100_2679.jpg

100_2682.jpg

15. wellnermp

wellnermp Senior Member
    from Alaska

A couple more. Once my knee gets better I'm hoping I'll have some time to get out in the woods and see some critters, but this will do for now.

100_2683.jpg

100_2685.jpg

16. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

Great pics man!

17. wellnermp

wellnermp Senior Member
    from Alaska

Thanks, Primo. I've been on the hunt for some good critters to photograph, and of course as soon as I left the house this morning, this guy cruised right into our yard. Luckily my wife snapped a pic with her phone. A little tough to tell from this angle, but he's got a pretty pronounced hump, which would make him a brown bear. Quite a bit bigger than the black bears we are used to seeing.

cid_IMG00492.jpg

18. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

If I lived where you do, I would hunt every thing. I would love to shoot a Grizzly Bear and an Elk.

19. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

Looks like a big bear to me.

20. wellnermp

wellnermp Senior Member
    from Alaska

I know this thread is titled "April" but I thought you all might enjoy some pictures of a little late spring / early summer snow. These were taken on May 30th in Montana the day before my wife and I left to move back to Alaska.

100_2737.jpg

100_2739.jpg