1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

April 8, 2011

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by klaus, Apr 8, 2011.

1. klaus

klaus Junior Member

It's not even close to over here. I just cleared one of the biggest, wettest, overnight storms of the year. And this puts us over 600" of snow for the year. So far...

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Looks like a good time. I wonder what a seasonal contract would cost for a driveway in an area like that?

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

That is an awesome picture.

would you be interested in sending me a hires copy, I would pay you something for it as i would love to use that in an ad.

i dont think you can pm so reply here or email me... midtownpc@yahoo.com
  4. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

wow thats crazy. would love to see more pix
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

199.00 with the senior discount.
  6. Cmbrsum

Cmbrsum Senior Member

And I'm just wishing the temp would drop 5 more degrees here so I can go too work. Most snow of the season and nothing is sticking. Last night when it would have stuck it quit for the night. Hoping for a better night tonight.

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

Thanks for a copy of the picture.

Whats it like when all that snow starts melting... does alot flood.?
  8. Cmbrsum

Cmbrsum Senior Member

Utah is going to have a major flood issue this year
  9. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Not if it stays cold
  10. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

That is crazy!
  11. klaus

klaus Junior Member

Flooding depends on how quickly it gets warm. They are saying this snowpack is about like 1983, and the result of that was pretty extreme runoff that flooded downtown SLC around Memorial Day.

As high up as I am, my only flooding worries are the canyon road washing out. My house is fine. Right now, we have about 3 feet of snow water equivalent which all has to run down the mountain. And it's not over yet. About another foot coming in tonight.

As for what it costs up there to have the road cleared, my road is just under a mile long, and when I was paying, it was $250-$300 per clear (charged by the hour). Total for the season was in the $5000-$6000 range. And that was split between myself and a neighbor. With the neighbor selling his house and moving, doing it myself became far more cost effective than paying the entire cost. Down below me, they have community plowing, where everyone pays $300 up front for the buy in, and then $25 each time he clears, so I would guess it comes out to $1200-$1500/season for each house.