1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Appropriate Time?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by born2farm, Jan 7, 2010.

1. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

What do you guys say the appropriate amount of time should be between the end of the storm untill the drive is cleared? We got about three inches tonight already and will be getting another two over night. I am still in high school and if they dont close school it will be around 6:30P.M. before I can get started on the route. I can get some of them done in the morning before school but not all of them because it is not supposed to stop untill 8am??

2. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

If your customers know youre going to school during the day, why worry about it, Clear the priority ones first. If they cant drive through 4 inches of snow then they are pretty pathetic drivers.

3. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

how long does your route usually take. Get up at whatever time you know you can have them all done till the time you have to go to school, get them done. So what if it's suppose to stop at 8am, it won't snow that much

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

At the very least, go out tonight a punch some holes out. Then go clean up after school. I don't know how many driveways you have, but it never hurts to call and let them know what's going on. After a while you'll figure out their schedules, and they'll know what to expect from you.

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

at least make an effort to move snow on your accounts or they will be someone elses next year

6. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

well i went out and plowed most of them tonight......figure i can always do cleanups in the morning.

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Good man....Keep the customers happy, so you can keep the customers.