1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Application?

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by 042500hd, Nov 22, 2008.

1. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

For you guys who are spraying down your plows. Are you wiping the FF clean afterward, or should I just spray it liberally front and back then leave it? That's what I did, only I also sprayed my springs hoses frame just about everything. Should be ok right?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Spray and leave it on.

3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

the only part that i slightly wipe down is the front of the blade. just so it doesnt look all goopy. everything else i just leave.

4. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

Thank you.

5. insnow4fun2004

insnow4fun2004 Junior Member
    from Indiana

How heavy do you apply FF. I tried the sample can, and when i put it on, it looked like melted brown suger (also saw some of that look in GV videos). Does it reduce the effectiveness if we wipe it off as to not look goopy (as 06 said above) or does some of the goopy-ness disappear as it "drys" Thanks.

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

It settles down after you spray it on. If you hit a rust patch it bubble a lot because it's penetrating into the rust.

7. insnow4fun2004

insnow4fun2004 Junior Member
    from Indiana

Thanks GV, Was going to do it today, but wanted to wait for an answer, still tossing between letting it go, or rubbing it in....reading the site, it appears like either is ok....