1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Application rates for Mag. Chloride

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by dr.lawn21, Nov 11, 2005.

1. dr.lawn21

dr.lawn21 Senior Member

This year i'm going to begin spraying magneisum chloride on my lots. I know it will be trial and error to find out what works and what dosen't, but I was wondering if anyone knows what the best application rate is for the spray. Ex. How many gallons applied per lane mile? average. thanks

2. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Get on the web site for the company you will be buying your product from. They will tell you. A phone call would work too. This may vary regionally as you may have wetter or dryer snow than others. My local distributer e-mailed me info on application rates. E-mail me at philhicks@bright.net and I will forward this to you.

3. kyle volz

kyle volz Member
    from Midwest

I agree with the other guy. Check with the manufacturer of your product. However, conditions at the time of the application such as snowfall rates, humidity, wet or dry snow snow, traffic flow, etc. all need to be considered for the application. Watch dew points when pre-treating also.

Just as any product, read the label and go from there.