1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Application rate

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by RacingZR, Oct 18, 2010.

1. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Hey all,
    Gearing up to buy some Fluid Film for the vehicles and plow this winter. I already purchased the spray gun with 2 bottles and 1 gallon earlier this year. I am wondering how much more I have to order........or roughly. I want to do them all at once.
    I have 1 full size truck and 2 mid size SUV's to do. Any idea or estimate of how much it will take to do the undercarriage and the rocker panels??
    Thanks in advance.

2. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Come on, I know a few of you guys have done your fullsize trucks before. What did it take?

3. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Sorry about the delay in responding. I've been on the road. I'd order a five gallon pail and you'll be more than covered.

4. fci

fci Senior Member

I sprayed a truck today and used 1 gal. I put it on pretty thick and did the bottom and inside the of the body panels. Used the fluid film spray gun at 80 psi, that seemed to work the best.

5. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanks for the info, I now have 2 gallons. I'm going to do the Dodge first and see how it goes.

6. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

that much? I,ve been using less than a quart a truck. this is my first time trying it. Am I putting enough on?

7. fci

fci Senior Member

We are putting it on every thing, top and bottom of frame, suspension, fenders, truck bed, drive train and the plow. Our trucks are crew cabs, and spraying you may use more? This is our first time using fluid film so we may be going a little crazy with it.

8. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

I have not even gone through a gallon doing frames and rockers on 2 chevys and 2 plow, a loader and a tractor spraying at 80psi. Great coverage to. Not sure how thick your putting it on but might be a touch thick?!

9. fci

fci Senior Member

The other day I was playing around with the spray tip and used a smaller tip and got better spray. The spray gun that came with the fluid film kit that i bought was an under coating gun which put a lot on. The last truck I sprayed took about 3/4 of a quart.

10. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanks for the info guys. I bought a "kit" as well so I'll see how it goes after doing the Dodge.
    fci- where did you find dofferent tips??

11. fci

fci Senior Member

If you got the same kit (I bought mine off ebay.) It came with a 1/4 inch screw on tip/tube. I put the spray tip in the vise and squeezed it almost flat so it was just a thin opening. Still using 80 psi it worked pretty good I then went to 90 psi and it sprayed better. And I am using a lot less fluid film per truck. The over spray is not too bad but you may want to put plastic down under the truck.

12. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

It could very well be the same kit, got mine on Ebay too. Thanks for the tip.......no pun intended!

13. underESTIMATED

underESTIMATED Senior Member

To help answer your question, here's my thread on using Fluid Film.

1 gallon of Fluid Film = 2.5 Trucks

14. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

what kit???????

15. peterng

peterng Senior Member

wow this is the most polite and informative thread I have ever read on plowsite. I just bought a proper undercoating gun today and was wondering what to use once my gallon of generic undercoating runs out. I'll have to see where I can find this stuff.
    Pete

16. underESTIMATED

Sometimes the moon and the stars align. :)

17. blue sky guy

blue sky guy Junior Member

Hey someone enlighten me please! This is an interesting product that I had no idea existed until now. Maybe I should do some research about this stuff first? However, I gotta get it from the source of people who use it first hand. Does it work? Does it need to be applied each season? Can it be used on an older truck??? Thanks for any input!

18. underESTIMATED

Its been raining here all day...and I just sprayed one of our trucks yesterday. While running some errands I haven't noticed anything "dripping" or "running" where there's excess amounts that I applied. So so far, it seems to be pretty tolerant of rain and high speeds. As well as no drip puddles on the concrete where the truck gets parked.