1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

application of Fluid Film

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by michaelt1323, Jan 17, 2007.

1. michaelt1323

michaelt1323 Junior Member

purchased a gallon of Fluid Film to use on my new Western plow before I get to use it. I know you can apply it with a paint brush or a rag, but there are some places you can't reach, and those will be the first place for the snow to sit and rust. I've got the gallon can and would like to use it rather than buy the Fluid Film spray can. Is there a spray bottle or spray applicator I can use to spray Fluid Film? It is very thick and I don't think I should thin it down to spray, as the engineers designed it to be that thick. If you have a suggestion I would like to hear it. Thanks Michael
  2. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

I havent tried but...

They say a electric paint sprayer will work????
  3. fatboy

fatboy Senior Member

I use a shootz(bad spelling) gun with my air compressor, you can pick up one at any hardware or tool suplly and there cheap, same idea as a undercoat gun but much bigger outlet, I also use it for rubberize under coat or rocker guard.
  4. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Basically, any sprayer that will spray paint will spray Fluid Film. I have heard that a Wagner does a good job.

Fluid Film in its bulk form is about the viscosity of house paint, which is why the paint sprayers will work so well. Don't forget, because Fluid Film will not evaporate, it will continue to migrate into inaccessable areas ensuring that everything gets coated.

Thanks for the interest and guestions!
  5. Boondox

Boondox Senior Member

I used one of those engine degreaser wands with the suction hose for use with a compressor and it works pretty well. The advantage is I can insert the wand into places I can't even see. $15 at NAPA.