1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by clncut, Oct 14, 2008.

1. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

Im bidding a Applebees restaruant. I did not measure the lots dimensions but it seems most Applebees lots are close to the same size. A small roadway surrounding the building with parking spaces located on either side of the roadway. Im just looking for an estimate on time to plow this lot. I was thinking just over an hr. to complete? Any help would be great.

2. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

Need Pics!!!! (any light poles, curbs sidewalks, etc....)
  3. clncut

I was trying to figure out how to post a sat image....Any help? No shoveling or salt, No poles but the ouside parking areas are sandwiched between two islands.
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

The Applebees here would take me close to 2 hours to do. You have to do a bunch of backdragging.
  5. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

try using a per push method first, then a clean up; theres so much movement of cars and if you are located on highway; you'll constantly need to keep the entrances clear as larger plow trucks keep pushing in snow.
  6. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

If you know how to plow I would say under an hour
  7. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

yep , like 30 mins, plus a 15 min travel , i also charge a 1 hr min.

so basicly if it were my bid, id be around the same price as your hourly rate
  8. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

no pics, no size, sure 1 hour sound about right for a lot I know nothing about

9. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

Which applebee's cln
  10. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

An Applebees resturaunt? NO SALT??
    This sound really scary to me:dizzy:
    Does this resturaunt serve liquor? Ours does and I would think they'd want to cover their butts.
    Ya really need to give some dimensions for lot size b/f anyone can help ya.
    And even then that help would be questionable considering everyone has different overhead and operating expenses.
  11. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Clapper is the expert on Applebees! He eats there every night! LOL
  12. Runner

Runner Senior Member

The ones around us were going for around 125 to 150 per push on starting depths. They just built a new one about 2 miles from me, too. I was thinking on bidding it, along with the Bob Evans just up the road from it.
  13. clncut

In Valparaiso, just East of Rt. 2 south of 30 across from ZAO Island.

Im trying to get you guys some pics but seem to be having a hard time moving the pic from google maps. Any ideas? First thing out off the managers mouth was "I dont want salt, I know it has tripled in price this year. If I dont add salt then we are not responsible for accidents."

This is my favorite place to eat to!!!:nod:

14. clncut

Im working on getting some pics.......I was just looking to see how long it would take to plow and not prices. I understand everyones overhead is different.

15. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Hey sorry Clncut, didn't mean to sound "cocky-arrogant", guess I'm just used to another board I participate on. The salt thing is good and bad. Good in that it releases U from any slip & fall liability considering the client takes no measures to prevent them, it would be on their shoulders.:nod: Bad in that salting services are another source of income on that plowing job.:mad:
  16. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

200 a push with walkways and no salt.
  17. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

mike if you didnt say it I was going to say ask clapper. that boy loves his applebees...
  18. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

Applebees got bought out by IHOP. I used to do some work for IHOP and they are very cheap,no salt they would take care of the walks i only did it one season becuase they would do anything to save a buck and it made me look bad. I acually had a manager come out and tell me not to plow because they were slow because it was bad out they wanted to wait till all the snow was done and then get plowed it didnt matter how much snow we had.Im sure the Apleebee managers have been through the same training

Our Applebees lot is huge, double of others just over 2.5 acres.. Still need to measure and figure out square footage. See how many obsticales and shoveling. WOW no salt looks like a slip and fall year for them.
  20. big acres

big acres Senior Member

I just got an invite to bid one too. Store managers choose their vendors here. 1" trigger + all sidewalks... very different from what you describe.