1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Apparently my vibrator shook my strobe apart

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Deershack, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Deershack

Deershack Senior Member

Prepping the salt truck for the season and remembered that my strobe stopped working during my last run last spring. Figured the wiring was bad since the strobe was new in Oct 2010. Traced everything down and it was all good. Finally happened to look inside the lens itself and the bulb was laying in the bottom. It had separated from the circuit board.

Took the light back to the supplier and they said that it was not defective because apparently the vibratory had shaken the bulb off the circuit board.

Any one else had this happen? Any suggestions on how to cushion the light in the future. It is mounted on the cab guard on a pivoting mount.

2. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Never seen that before. I'm surprised it wasn't warranty.

3. Deershack

Deershack Senior Member

Their only response was that since the strobe tube was not "burnt" on the end, the bulb was not defective. The only sign of a short or burn mark was on the circuit board where the bulb was attached. They said that indicated that the bulb shorted out when it came loose and that if was most probably due to the vibrator and that was the cause and not a defect in the product.

4. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

How'd they find out about the vibrator?

5. Deershack

Deershack Senior Member

I told them about it after they had refused to do anything. Up to that time they took the position that is was damaged from either road vibration. improper installation or from the box coming down too fast. Then they asked if I had a vibrator on the salt truck. Guess I'm too honest because I said yes. They jumped on that right away.

6. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Look into replacing it with LED's Lee, problem solved! :nod:

7. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

thats what she said?