1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Apartment plowing question

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by 3cousinscleanup, Nov 21, 2010.

1. 3cousinscleanup

3cousinscleanup Junior Member

I am bidding on an apartment building and am wondering what people would charge for a parking lot with 12 parking spaces salted per visit. I kind of have an idea but want to see if I am close to everyone else's numbers. I will be plowing it with my truck. Most of my properties are homes so I am trying to get a feel for commercial properties. Area is Chicago thanks
  2. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

Plowing pricing is like real estate, Location, Location, Location .....!
    Thats a small apartment I get $60 a push for small commercial lot ...
  3. 3cousinscleanup

3cousinscleanup Junior Member

would that include salt?
  4. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

Totally depends on a few things:

Will cars be moved or will you be sitting in the truck while the residents jockey cars around?
    Is it a straight push to one end, or are you backdragging them out and pushing is somewhere else?
    Is it close to any other accounts you have or do you have to drive 20 minutes each way to do it?
    What's the trigger? I tend to lower my prices slightly with a 1" trigger than a 2".

I have apartments that I charge $30.00 for, but they're little 4-6 space lots/drives in a 2 block area where I do about 12 lots all owned and managed by the same folks. That said, if there are cars there, I plow around them (I will not plow or backdrag less than 2 spaces between cars).
  5. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

No. Salt is additional charge usually double the price...