1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

apartment complex

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by sectlandscaping, Aug 22, 2012.

1. sectlandscaping

sectlandscaping Senior Member

This apartment complex has 2.8 acres of parking lot but its divided into 12 smaller lots. Thats a pita but thats not even the bad part. The sidewalks are 4800ft x 5ft.

Not sure how to tackle the walks and how long theyll take. I figure a 4 wheeler would be the best option. Blowers would take to long. A bobcat would be to much to take from location to location.

I figure 1 truck should clear this in 3 hours. I would put 2 on it and hope to be out of there in 1 1/2.

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf...=us&ei=3381UJnUBIeQ6wHR3YHABw&ved=0CBkQ8gEwAA

2. sectlandscaping

A few points is the trigger is 1 inch or when snow starts. They want to return to clear parking spaces. They want salt and sand records per occasion.

3. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Is there anyway to post the picture directly? I cannot get the link to zoom in far enough. Anyways ill see if I can help.

I do not know what equipment you already have but an ATV is one option but also you could look into a Ventral or something similar with a broom and blade for the walks. You said they want you to start when the snow starts or at one inch so there will never be much accumulation. The broom will be faster and not cause as much damage. You could mount a spreader on the back.

For the lots it sounds like close quarters with average lot size of around a half acre? Would a skid steer be quicker with a Kage? Especially if stacking space is limited.

Again I can't see the picture so I may be way off.

4. sectlandscaping

Because of the length the picture wont show up if zoomed. You can try bing
    http://binged.it/PA64eh Its only the U shaped buildings.

The lots are around 12-18k sq ft each. Yeah there tight in there. Some are just a lane with parking on one side. Maybe 22' wide.

5. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

That map worked better. I'd say you could be in and out of there with two trucks in a little over an hour...I still think I'd put a skid steer on it if it was feasible. Places to put snow doesn't look like an eissue but seems like a lot of tight spaces in a truck.

I'd figure probably 2.5hrs on the walks. That's figuring an inch of snow. Depending on what you use If you can hit the whole walk in one pass that will cut time considerably. Then you will have to shovel part of the walks leading to the apartments and a pass for salting. Pre treating would be your friend if they allow it