1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Apartment Complex

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by bdover21, Oct 17, 2010.

1. bdover21

bdover21 Member
    from Iowa

Here is a 12 unit apartment complex. This would require no shoveling or any part, just plowing. We have many commercial accounts but nothing quite this big. Driving around the complex, from entrance back to entrance, it is 1/2 mile. We might do it per hour or in increments, unsure yet. Couldn't figure out google earth to get a square footage or anything like that. Picture is attached. Thanks for the help.

University Plains.jpg

2. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

look to be about 4 truck hours for 5"...I would stick two trucks on that.

There will be cars there always.

I did one last season that was bigger than that and it took around 5 truck hours.

3. bdover21

bdover21 Member
    from Iowa

Thanks, we were planning on 4 to 5 hours. Like you mentioned, there will always be cars coming in and out during the day, which might require me to go back throughout the day to clean up spots and what not. The super nice thing about it is no sidewalks.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Make sure you have designated areas for snow too. Have managment let their renters know not to park in certain areas.

5. bdover21

bdover21 Member
    from Iowa

Yeah, we haven't talked to the manager yet about that but was a definite idea and will probably talk to him tomorrow. The parking lot is never close to completely full, maybe 60% if you're lucky. The south area of picture is a little waterway that would allow for a lot of the snow to be taken there.

By the way, this location is in Iowa. I saw some people nitpicking others for not listing locations and equipment and experience. I have been plowing for 5 years now and my dad for 25+. Most likely will be done with a 2500HD with 8.5 MVP Western and a Bobcat.

6. ForestEdgeSnow

ForestEdgeSnow Senior Member

I would bid this per hour because apartment complexs can be very detail orainted because if mrs. so so got her car blocked in you will have to come back. It also allows for the mangement to se excatly how it is broken down and the amount man hours spent. You should be perfect for a truck and skid steer. I hope this helps. I plan on spending around 3.5 hours with your skid and 5 hours with your truck.

Justin