1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Apartment complex bidding?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by clncut, Jun 10, 2007.

1. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

I have been informed that I will possibly have the oportunity to bid on apartment complex this week. I am not new to plowing but have never bid on an apartment complex before. I been looking on here for all the info I can find. I was only able to come up with a few posts on aparment complex bidding that were somewhat informative. I was hoping some of you pros will help me out on things to look for, questions to ask during the meeting. How do most of you bid these? Ive read hourly seems to be the winner but what about per push, per inch? How many times will you guys come back to clear up parking spaces? Just looking for some help here so any would be greatly appriciated!!

Thanks,
    John

2. payton

payton Senior Member

by the hour. with a min. depending on size of place. with at least one return trip the next day for parking spot clean up. first time thru is a break out/punch out. clean the main roads first. then hit any parking spots where theres 3 or more open together. on the return trip clean any spot you can get into. honestly apartment complexs have to maintain there parking lots and drive lanes other wise a tenant falls and slips the apartment is liable for this. so there not real greedy when it comes to service. if you do them right you will get repeat buss. and 90% of your apartment complexs are now owned by larger mgmt firms. so if you do a good job on one theres a good chance your gonna get others offered to you.

ive done some of the same complexs for the past 4 yrs now and they have told me im not going anywhere.

payton