1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Apartment complex bidding

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by QUALITY EDGE, Sep 6, 2011.

QUALITY EDGE Junior Member
    from OHIO

I am attempting to prepare a bid for plowing for an apartment complex in Ohio. I have estimated one truck taking 8 hours to plow complex. The complex is comprised of 371 units.There are ten different streets in complex, some with garages and others just in and out. This is for plowing only, no sidewalks. Can someone give me an idea what a good price per push on this. They would also like a seperate price for a fixed monthly price but I am not real excited about that. Thanks
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I think your under estimating your time and trucks. When dealing with places like this you need to get things open before they leave. Right now if it snows in the morning you'll be just finishing as they come home if it didn't snow any more.

from OHIO

Ok so do you have a better estimate of time with the information given?
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Have any overhead views of this place.

Also you need to drive in this place in the morning ,afternoon and after midnight to see what the parking looks like.
  5. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Very true!! Some areas get real congested overnight.
  6. slave2lawns

slave2lawns Member

Plow only ? No salt and you dont have to remove it ?

from OHIO

Im just looking for help with the per plowing price. I have salt and removal figured.
  8. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Ido not know of a complex letting it take 8 hours, do you have a back up trucker sub encase of a breakdown sure pick up truck $135 hour
  9. snocrete

snocrete Banned

You may not be able to go and just plow a place like that out and be done. What if 1/3 or 1/2 the people in the complex work 3rd shift and the others work 1rst or 2nd, etc etc.( you get my point) You will have to clear everything you can then make a couple clean up trips back as cars leave/move.

Without a overhead pic its hard to say, but it sounds like a good job for a skid steer..?..
  10. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Oh ya...almost forgot....1 miiiillllion dollars
  11. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

I would charge per hour instead of per push if I were you.... It will be easier on yourself!
  12. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Without pics and acreage I guess truck/bobcat combo 4-8hr, includes opening before 7am
    and one daytime revisit.
    I doubt you or the complex would be happy with truck only service.
  13. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Your gonna want some skids at that sight. Sounds like a pretty big place to me. It took us around 5 hours to plow a 3 acre condo complex last year. I underbid it a little last year and it really sucked. So don't undercut yourself. Sell your quality work.
  14. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Do you plan to service the account with just the one truck?
  15. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

I think he is gonna use a Dodge with a Cummins that has alot of Mods on it.....:whistling:.....:waving:
  16. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Should be able to do it in four hours then. On a quart of fuel.