1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Apartment Communities

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gbeagle, Feb 3, 2011.

1. gbeagle

gbeagle Junior Member

How do you handle clean up of apartment communities after a big snow storm (getting in between cars etc) ?

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I go back once the next day while everyone is at work and do a cleanup. If cars are moved I do what I can and if they want me to come back again it is going to cost them.

3. Mikemat31

Mikemat31 Member

I am in high school I work for a landscaper as a shoveler what we do it take all the snow out put it behind the car and he take the plow a moves. we do that or just shovel out the back so they can move the car and then he plows its.

4. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

Work with them on a plan. I do 2 of these this year. I have the cars consolidated and plow the open spaces and roadways. Then I leave to finish my route. Then I come back and finish up. Be careful around cars, its only a matter of time before you get blamed for a scratch. We used a snowblower near cars once, the oil plug came loose and sprayed the car with oil. That was messy.