1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Apartment building lot

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by careiter, Oct 27, 2011.

1. careiter

careiter Junior Member

Hoping to get some advice on plowing apt building lot. I started this last winter my problem is cars. Some days its almost impossible with no room to move or pile snow. Can only plow at night as it is also a buisness lot with even more cars during day.

2. Outd00r Maint..

Outd00r Maint.. Senior Member

U do what you can,and ask the owner to get the tenants to remove their cars once you're there

3. TeeMan

TeeMan Junior Member

We move out all the snow by hand in between all the cars. Then use a Skid Steer for the open stalls. Then the Plow for the road. If it's a really tight lot we bring in another skid.

4. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

I had the same problem at one of my lots (24hr lot) so I talked with the owner and made a storm parking spot, it works out great.

5. BPS#1

BPS#1 2000 Club Member

My first experience was with apartments this week.

I picked up 3 large complexes (for this area) for the 11/12 winter and 12 summer.
    All three expect the driving lanes to be cleared. If enough cars are moved to allow a plow truck to get in and out they would like, but not required to plow that area.