1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyway to hide the truck side mount?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by TonawandaNY, Sep 7, 2009.

1. TonawandaNY

TonawandaNY Senior Member

I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 with an ultramount midweight. I see that Boss has a push bar that can be attached to the truck in the summer months to hide the plow mounts. They had to cut holes in the plastic air dam when they setup the mount...

Does Western make a simular push bar for the ultramount?

If they dont, I may make one... If it looks good, I may make alot of them and have them chrome plated and sell them..

2. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Have you removed the reciever brackets? The upper part of the truckside is less visible and you gain ground clearance. Im not sure if there is a push bar however. I'm sure one can be fabbed up pretty quick though. Heck, you might be able to use the reciever bracket pins to mount a custom push bar.
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  3. TonawandaNY

Yea I removed the reciever brackets when the guy told me they cost 105.00 each and showed me how easy they were to take off. The issue is, they cut the plastic air damn and in my opinion, they did a crappy job at it and it looks just as visible with them off as it does on.

Figured a push bar like what boss makes would be an easy solution to make it look nice when the plow is not on the truck.

Maybe it is time to spend some time with a pipe bender.
  4. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

Get some pics when your done!! I would be very interested in one. I looked everywhere for something like this and as far as I could find there is nothing fot the Western...
  5. TonawandaNY

Will do Mike,

I will probably be a few weeks before I am done. I am really busy at the moment trying to fill my contract slots and people are calling for fall cleanups already...