1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anything wrong with this picture?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Peterbilt, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

See any problems here?

Does anyone think thats this is acceptable plowing?

This a late season strom last year, the 1" of snow melted by 9AM thats why the lots are eithe wet or dry.

First pic is a local clinic.

Pic 2 and 3 are of a large strip mall with plenty of green space just 200ft the other direction.

J.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  2. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

trees in the way . hahaha

3. big acres

big acres Senior Member

They managed to pizz off the fire marshall, the street department, and the lawn company all in just one plow?

4. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

This is 2 different contractors.

J.

5. bn building ser

bn building ser Junior Member

looks great if your a D.S.

6. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

man i would hate to be on the fire dep. every time we get a big snow the department my dad is Asst. Chief for has to dig a cicle, 3ft on each side of they hydrant. I usually get stuck helpin but cheat and use the quad or bobcat.

7. ADBsnowremoval

ADBsnowremoval Member

This might sound simple here, but the easiest way to dig out around a fire hydrant is to actually stomp it out with your boot when able. I ama full time firefighter/paramedic along with my concrete and plow business, and you would be surprised how quickly and painlessly you could simply walk around a hydrant with snow and be able to pack it down enough that it is not in the way.

8. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

don't know how they get away with that, around here, those companies would be having the man in blue knocking at the door

9. breadoflife

breadoflife Member

yea...and when i push across a road like that, i at least clean up and make sure its up over the curb

10. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

Another prime example of "you get what you pay for;" they were probably the cheapest bidder.

11. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

no need to ever push across a road like that.

12. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Nothing at all, brother lowballer.

That's the way all my lots look. What else would you expect when plowing for beer money.

13. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Plowing in the Fire Hydrant, Nice- my department would sure be pissed if we rolled up to a hydrant that looked like that, especially if it rained and the snow froze like that! They'd be getting a ticket for sure!

14. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

This winter we should start a thread on bad plowing pics, should be a huge thread lol

15. snowman4

snowman4 Senior Member

Ur welcome to do that here in Ottawa. I will make sure I get this contract and sub it out to you. Sounds like you can do it pretty fast so I will pay you $1 per hydrant. Oh... just some backgrounder info... Ottawa got something like 14 feet of snow 2 years ago. Happy stomping! tymusic

16. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

That's nuts. Not that we would want to, but we would never get away with any of that from our clients. The complaints would pour in.

I had a call last year from a muni so anal (and with nothing to do) they watched our trucks plow a good size site with two office buildings. As they were finishing plowing one of the trucks pulled out of the lot, onto the street and a little snow fell off his plow into the street. Our driver didn't even realize something fell off his blade and kept going.

He went off on the other truck that was still in the lot, and called the office threatening to fine us. Our tax dollars hard at work.

17. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

My thoughts exactly, you get what yo pay for!! I think it's time to stop in and ask the property owner are they happy with the service they are getting? An if so, then I would be like, great then can I bring my dump truck loads of snow we are removing from our other lots and drop them off here to!! heck it would not make it look any worse.:dizzy:

18. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Both these Companies plow by the Hr. I have been beaten out on bids by that company on the fire hydrant job. The other, I haven't bid yet. Maybe next year. That contractor has an "In" with that property. So getting it will be tough.

There is no quality control with some of these guys. Just blow and go with most of them.

If you look close at the fire Hydrant, there is a marker sticking up from it. (Red and White). Since this storm was is late march, most the snow had melted away. This is a fresh push. The snow was at least 4ft above the hydrant in january.

J.

19. jbis1782

jbis1782 Member

We would have the fire department knocking on our door with a fine. And a new fine everyday the snow is not removed. If one of my guys did that they would be looking for a new job. How stupid can this person be. He must have got a degree for dumbazz university.

20. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

As I say Pay peanuts get monkeys