1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anything Sprayer Related, likes, dislikes, pics, Questions?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Kubota 8540, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Seems that threads talking about liquids get hijacked and end up sprayer related. Have questions, problems, whats working well, trying something new, and/or post your pics of your sprayer here.

2. Kubota 8540

3. Kubota 8540

One of these days I'll get to building one for me.

5_19_11 001 (Medium).jpg

5_19_11 001 (Medium).jpg

4. ndnchief

ndnchief Member

Here is mine

photo6.jpg

5. AndersonCS

AndersonCS Member

Subscribed. Someday I'll get pics of mine on here.

6. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Glad you made this thread. Now maybe I or we wont hi jack someone elses thread.... So we were talking about check valves. I was searching and hinking last night, this am and I think if I hook up 3 motors to a wireless remote it would be alotless expensive and less wiring and valves and such. 1 motor for a sray wand 60psi 1 motor for center section of the spray bar and 1 motor for the outer 2 spray tips on the spray bar.
    So I would have one spray bar wih 4 tips and one spray wand. 3 pumps on a wireless remote.
    What are people thoughts on this setup? I need it to be quit because of a cond HOA I have that complains about noise..

7. firelwn82

Well today is the day...

8. Kubota 8540

I found a 4 channel wireless remote set up real cheap, doesn't look too bad but haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

Just have to hook each pump/motor to a 12 volt solenoid, because most wireless remote systems will only handle low amperage, like 5-7 amps generally. Your described set up sounds similar to what I did a couple of weeks ago. Wish I had of taken some pics.

9. Kubota 8540

Sold my sprayer today, now I have to figure out what will replace it. I am kind of thinking 3 zone, electric start and 300 gallon? Sure would be nice if it had a controller like V boxes have to start, choke, throttle, and kill from the cab? I wonder if a poly sprayer pump can be mounted to a vertical shaft engine? Wireless remote set up off a v box could be used to control the engine cheaply that way?

Can this pedestal pump be mounted vertical rather than horizontal?

HY-9203PS-Centrifugal-Pump.jpg

HY-9203PS-Centrifugal-Pump.jpg

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  10. firelwn82

I dont see any reason why you couldn't mount it vertically. I dont think it makes a bit of differance really. Its goint to be full of water while pumping no matter what. Draining it might be a pain but thats not really a big deal.
    Send some pics of the unit you found. I'm going to make one in about a month out of these. http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/bfs/2689391204.html... I found some others super cheap and he has a ton of them. I'm talking hundreds. I may just start building some and putting them on the market as well. payup I see some junk ones selling for holy crap loads of money.

11. Kubota 8540

12. firelwn82

ha ha thats funny. I just bought this one. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BRJF62
    I was reading about the one you posted and it was only good for 6amps per channel. The one I purchased doesnt say how much. But in the reviews there were a couple f people that sai they were running there winches with them. So I went with he other one. I also picked up a relay pig tail and a relay to wire inline with it.

13. Kubota 8540

That's why I would hook the pump up to a solenoid, I know it does take anywhere near 6 amps to engage a solenoid.

14. firelwn82

So would something like this work? Its used on the spot sprayers fromTSC.

15. Kubota 8540

Yes they should work, but for what they cost I don't know how reliable they will be. Last post should have read it takes no where near 6 amps to activate a solenoid.

16. firelwn82

ha ha I read between the lines. Thats what I was think ing too. But being winter they should hold up because they wont be getting warm. The heat is what kills electrical gizmoes right.. Also what size spray tips should I use. I was thinking 6-80 degree tips about two feet off of the ground should get me good width and soaking pattern? I thank you for all of your nolage and dealing with all of the questions.

17. Kubota 8540

I have tried most all fan pattern tips and really didn't like the results. I use TeeJet SJ3 triple stream tips. Seems to get to the pavement quicker and that's where you want the brine. Like drawing lines in the snow with your 5 fingers as a rake.

18. Kubota 8540

Like these:

ebay sprayer 09 018.5 (Small).JPG

2_02_10 001 (Small).jpg

ebay sprayer 09 018.5 (Small).JPG

2_02_10 001 (Small).jpg

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  19. firelwn82

Really?? I dont really see how that would work better. I guess one it starts to melt the snow it will pool out ay? My condo site doesnt get much traffic so I need it to spread out instead of being tracked over. Would I still get the same result?

20. firelwn82

aaaahhhhh ok. I thought it was just one straight stream. That makes more sense now with a picture.