1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anything I should know

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by psudds, Sep 1, 2001.

1. psudds

psudds Junior Member

Am buying a 1997 Dodge 1500 55,000 on it. Nice price, but any problems I should know about...........Thanks

2. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Fuel pumps go at 60k to 65k ,other than that they are very good trucks . I have two of them a 96 1500 and a 01 3500 both of them I plow with .

3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Track bars are common wear items on the front end,and easy to check,at 55K,its probably bad,figure on 2-300$$ at a shop to replace it.

4. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

Fuel pump

Is it common to lose the fuel pump around 60 K with the gas eigines ? I now have 63K :(

5. wyldman

wyldman Member

If you always keep the tank full,the pumps will last a lot longer.

6. griffithtlc

griffithtlc Senior Member

We just sold a 97 1/2 ton with 192,000 miles on it. The truck has always run like a top. Only things that went wrong was a radiator, Transmission at 110K, and a gasket, can't remember which one. I'd say go for it.