1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anything good to say about westerns Pro-plus

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by farmertim, Mar 20, 2004.

1. farmertim

farmertim Member

:waving:
    Hi all

Anybody have opinions on the pro plus after this season?
    I'm looking to up date to a 9 foot pro-plus end of this year and want to know how they held up.
    Thanks
    Tim

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

they make excellent pro plows with the ultra mount set up thats why they out sold fisher this year

3. cntryboymc

cntryboymc Member

i purchased an 8ft western pro plus with backdrag edge for my 2004 chevy 2500hd in 12/03.the plow has been awesome.it cleans and backdrags very well.it has fast operation and the ultramount system is very good.in the fall im considering putting one on my 95 chevy k2500.just my 2 cents.

4. snowbiter

snowbiter Member

I have only good things to say about them. They are built to last. The backdrag edge works well and the wings are impressive and a nice option to have built into the plow design. I think you will be very happy if you get one.

ppwing.jpg

5. snowbiter

snowbiter Member

I just put this on to maybe better explain how easily the wings hook up--you may have seen this already.

wing.jpg

6. Haden61

Haden61 Member
    from Iowa

Pro Plus

Our company purchased 2- 8.5' this year. Appear to a great plow. You should notice that they are going to stick out front an extra few inches. Approx. 8"/9",we don't like that and can't see why they designed the plow that way. Makes for allot more leverage weight while traveling and makes a noticeable difference turning around. Especially if you do not have a back plow. That is the only thing we see, they only weigh approx 90# more than the 9' pros we hare.

7. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

The only western we are buying anymore are the pro +. We bought our first one 2 years ago when they first came out and have bought 5 so far. We have them in 8.0-9.0 and love'em