1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone worked with Miken Construction?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Midwest Snow 76, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Midwest Snow 76

Midwest Snow 76 Junior Member
    from Chicago

I was contacted by Miken construction to be an independent contractor for snow removal on vacant buildings within the Chicago land area. They pay 45 dollars per property and promised me as many properties as I wanted as long as I could keep up with them.

Sounds too good to be true. I saw online on a few post that (a different site) that people had mixed reviews of the company. Some said they never paid and were told the work was not completed others said that the company always paid on time.

Here's the catch, you have to take a before, during and after photo. This is where people were saying that they were getting denied payment because of issues with the photos.

Anyone have any experince with them?

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

@ $45 a pop I hope these are real small lots. Sounds like they want more then $45 worth to me. You will spend that much in gas and time and truck cost before you even pull into your 1st lot.

What happens when is a blizzard? Is it still only $45 a pop?
  3. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

I would agree if its more then 15 minutes of plowing its not worth it. And they would have to be in a very close proximity to cut down on travel time. To answer your specific question I have never heard of them.
  4. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Sounds like bank owned property(foreclosed properties) maintenance,low pay high volume.Never heard of Miken.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I googled "Miken construction" after reading only 15 minuets of different links there is no way I would work or sign anything that has to do with them. They even have stooges posting rebuttals against some bad reviews. Not to mention they are out of California.

One review said the pictures were rejected because the person taking them was taller(6'4") vs what their guy (5'7") had taken so the angle was off and refused payment.

I say stay clear and far away.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Correct. :nod:
  7. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

45 per lot, poor feedback on net, your doubting now.I think you know the answer. Go else where for work and let the lowballer have these places
  8. JennyB

JennyB Junior Member
    from SE MI

Total scam operation

Avoid this company like the plague. They are a scam. They don't pay as promised and will deduct funds from current invoices for jobs done months ago claiming they just found an error in the photos submitted. They require a 12 page report be completed for each property along with a ton of photos and then refuse to pay for the report and deny payment if a photo is slightly blurry. Unless you enjoy beung ripped off or working for free, do not work for this joke of a company. One more thing, if you do perform work for them, expect them to call you 5-10 times for each job you perform, just to get a status update. It was hard to actually get the work done with the number of times I had to answer the phone!
  9. Kickin Grass

Kickin Grass Member

They called me two or three times this summer trying to get me lined up for summer and winter work. Asked to look at one of there sites. Would not even give me a address to go look at. Checked them out on the net. Looks like a bad company to work for.