1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone work for snow management group

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Paydaze, Dec 23, 2001.

1. Paydaze

Paydaze Junior Member

I was thinking about subbing out some equipment to this company. Has anyone done any work for this company? Thanks

2. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

:rolleyes: :D It's a great company. Right John?
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2001
  3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Top notch company. They realize that subs are the life blood of the operation, and they take care of them. The owner is one of the most respected people in the industry, in fact SMG is plowing the 2002 olympic games. That should give you an idea of how highly regarded they are.
    Chuck Smith, who I assume you will be dealing with locally, is also a top notch person, who will take care of you.
    On the other hand, they expect their subs to perform as expected, so make sure you can deliver.
  4. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Well put, Dino.....
  5. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

This is our second winter doing work for them and we are very happy with working for them. We always receive payment promptly within 30-40 days and as long as all of the paper work is correct there is never any problem with the invoices. If you do what they want you to do there is very little problems them. I was a little worried at first at how a company five states away would handle a complaint at a little account that we do but they have an excellent office staff that contacts us immediatly if there are any problems and we take care of them quickly. I would love to do more work for them in the future. Just my two cents
  6. Aspen Snow

Aspen Snow Senior Member

We have also been working for SMG for 2 years now. They are a great company to work for. We would receive payment from them within 30 days of billing. They have some rules to abide by, but its worth the time and effert. I have known John for 5 yrs. and he runs a class act operation. Chuck is a great guy to deal with. He will take care of his service providers in his area. Don't pass up this profitable snowplowing experience. We have grown just from SMG's business alone.
  7. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

SMG = Quality and Professionalism personified

Its a great company, and although I dont have a professional link with them through subcontracting or employment, I know the principals involved in the company.

They are well respected professionals, as can be determined by someone as important as the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics Hiring them to do the Snow and Ice management for them this year.

SMG is a Class Act, and if you abide by their professional guidelines, you wont be sorry that you did business with them.
  8. soilmover

soilmover Member

Great company to work for! As stated above so well.

If you are looking to fill some last minute equiptment you are

lucky that are calling you. Chuck Smith is top notch. He is the NJ

rep. for Snow Management Group. E-mail me if you have any

other questions.:)