1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone With Skid Loader Snow Pusher Doubts...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by diesellandscape, Feb 9, 2012.

1. diesellandscape

diesellandscape Member

I have 3 skidloaders with 10ft snow pushers...

1) Cat 277b
    Used on an 11 acre site (2 5.5 acre stores side by side)
    Pushes 8inch of snow straight with no issues
    under 6 inches you can turn and push with no issues
    Will fill up the box and carry for long pushes

imo: i think im putting a 12ft on it next year, i have had no isses with the 10ft and id like it to be a little wider for light snows.

2) Bobcat t190
    used on a 5 acre site
    Pushes 6-7 inches of snow no problems
    anything less you can turn and push
    fills the box up for long pushes fine

3) Thomas 173

Used on a 5 acre site
    pushes 5-6 inches no problems
    anything less you can tuen and push
    long pushes are so so... The machines old

pushers.jpg

snow pusher 2.jpg

2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

I am debating the same thing for some of my bigger machines

3. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

I bet if you switch the rubber to a poly it would do even better on pushs! Less resistance

4. diesellandscape

diesellandscape Member

Is it going to clean to pavement?

5. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 267 and was debating getting a box for it. My only concern is the wet heavy snow. Any issues with your machine slipping while having a full load in the box? My biggest concern is the tracks slipping and grabbing repeatedly and breaking the drive lugs. Just wondering if that has been an issue for you or not.

6. diesellandscape

diesellandscape Member

Not at all. It tracks unless there's ice. But even then a pre salt gets around that

7. plowingkid35

plowingkid35 Senior Member

I put a 12'6" box on my S-300 and it handles it well, 6-8" is about the maximum you will be pushing with it that full,

8. greywynd

greywynd PlowSite.com Addict

Try a set of polar tracks, pricey initially, but they grip really well and will make a big difference. I'm subbing with another member on here this year, he put a set on his 650 Bobcat, and they made a huge difference. I never used it with regular tracks, but last year at times it struggled with an 8' box, now he's thinking of trying a 12' on it.....that is if we ever get any amount of snow!!

9. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I think you would be fine I have seen a few other company's around here with 12ft pushers on skids the lot right up the hill from me they have a tracked NH with a 12ft pusher on Here in Pittsburgh we have mostly lighter snows anyways and if you stay on top of lots you shouldn't be pushing too much anyways

10. mike ward

mike ward Member

The 277 will push an Artic 12' which is closer to 13' with no issue and clear down to pavement!

11. mike ward

mike ward Member

our 247's will push 10' Artics but you need to plow with the storm.

12. mach6353

mach6353 Junior Member
    from iowa

Have a 12 ft Arctic on sr80 ASV this year with no problem.The last snow was wet and heavy but go along ok but wouldn't want any more , light snows are cake with it though ,Arctics do seem to push easier than a lot of pushers IMO.

13. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

The poly will clean just fine, and better than the rubber will.

14. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

No enclosure on the cat or thomas?

15. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I just got a 10ft bobcat pusher with my new 650... ran it on out 20+ inch storm and it struggled for traction but anything would

16. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Great thread, i have a large track unit that i have debating on a box for it. I was told by the dealer not to plow with tracks. But now have learned different..

17. siteworkplus

siteworkplus Senior Member
    from mass

WHAT??? don't plow with tracks? I can't think of a better piece of equipment for tight areas on commercial lots. What kind of machine do you have? I have a Cat 277B and it can handle a 12ft box with ease. Right now i have an 8ft power angle that I boxed the ends that works awesome for ally ways and parking spots between cars. What a weapon!

18. mach6353

mach6353 Junior Member
    from iowa

Have 2000 hrs on my Sr 80 ,probably 1/2 them in the snow.Have had no bearing,undercarriage or track issues.Love running this in the snow .If your dealer is telling you to not run in the snow they obviously don't stand behind there equipment.

19. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

It's a Mustang MTL 20 it's 82 hp with a 2800 lbs lift. It's a beast we love it. Just picked it up last spring. We have a older Mustang wheeled unit for the last five years, we have always used it for snow.

20. siteworkplus

siteworkplus Senior Member
    from mass

You're going to park that wheeled unit, I promise!! The only thing you're going to need it for is loading you're sanders. Tracks are the cats backside.(cat is in lower case because nothing compares to CAT!!!!!!!!) Just playin!! Seriously tracks make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.