1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone with pics

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by bobcat s-160, Nov 21, 2008.

1. bobcat s-160

bobcat s-160 Senior Member
    from MI

I've seen many guys take a now plow for a pick up and make one for there skid steer, anyone have any pics of that? i want to do that

2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

3. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

That's a sweet set-up crete. Does that have a cab, i can't tell.

4. cretebaby

yes i have to put it on

5. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

I wouldn't go high tech. 3 years ago I welded two ears inside my Deere skid steer had longer hoses made up to reach the boom and went to work. Had an old 8' fisher that had been sitting in the yard for years and with 100.00 turned it into a work horse. Another benefit is if you hit a manhole, the plow will still jump up in the air, its not just the trip edge taking all the force. I thought I would have to replace the ears every season, but each fall all I have to do straighten them out with a hammer. Just be sure not to put them too deep into the bucket (allow room for the plow to angle). Talk about a fast angle, its faster than my windshield wipers.

6. cretebaby

flow restricters are only a couple bucks a peice you might want to get some

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  7. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I will take some pics of our setup tomorrow and post them. We had a plate welded up that the plow mounts too.

8. 4wydnr

4wydnr Senior Member
    from N. IL

I just took a washer and welded it shut and drilled a small hole in it.

9. bobcat s-160

bobcat s-160 Senior Member
    from MI