1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone with an XLS...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by DCL, Dec 11, 2009.

1. DCL

DCL Member

We recently bought a new fisher XLS plow this year and was thinking about puting a snow deflector on it. The only problem is the extension wings slide over the main blade... Has anyone out there done this and do you have any advice? Pics would be great too.
    Thanks in advance...

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

3. DCL

DCL Member

Yeah, I may just have to buy theres...

4. DCL

DCL Member

Anyother question for you repo man...Ive got an 07 3500 and with the XLS it sits pretty low. Not so much the brackets and stuff but the actual plow blade due to the brackets that have to prevent the chain from tensing on the pump. I took the brackets off and now I can raise the blade plenty high enough but the chain does rub slightly against the pump. Im thinking about cutting those brackets in half and sticking them back on. Have you had any expieriance with this yet?

5. RepoMan207

from Maine

What brackets are you talking about?

With the plow mounted and lowered to the ground...is the A frame section level to the ground or is it tilted one way or another?

What size motor do you have in that truck, and have you cranked the torsion bars or done anything to the front end.

Also check out the following if the step pin is being used in the bottom hole, this will allow the plow to travel alittle higher for you.

tr.jpg

6. DCL

DCL Member

The brackets that the red arrow is pointing too. I havnt played around much with the truck as I do not know much about any kind of mechanics. My foreman will probably play with it a tad when he gets a chance. should I put those brackets back on?

7. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Repo...The stacking stops #13 in the diagram..Do you think i can just remove those....They stop the plow to low....

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

When you install a Western Ultra on a GM you need to remove the stacking stops. You should be able to remove them, just put the bolts back in. In my case they gave you shorter bolts.

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

If your using the bottom adjustment holes for the A frame then yeah. Not sure what it would harm if you tried it on the other two holes....I'm thinking it would interfere with the pump, or possibly the headgear somehow. I haven't looked it over close enough yet to determine the mechanics of it all.

10. DCL

DCL Member

We took ours off and the chain does tense up against the pump a tad when raised all the way. Not much but enough to concern me so I think we are going to cut or get ones half the size. Thanks for the help!