1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone with a tailgate salter on a flat bed?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by 98700, Dec 9, 2009.

1. 98700

98700 Junior Member

Hey everyone,
    Does anyone here have a small salter or a tailgate salter on a flatbed truck? I got a f350 with a 7.5x12' flatbed. How can I mount a s bag salter on my flatbed?

2. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

What type of spreader do you have? I used to have a 3500 Dodge that I mounted an old buyers spreader on. I welded 2 pcs of angle to the back side of the bed. The spreader legs sat on these pieces of angle iron. Then I made a piece that slid into the rear stake pockets, kinda looked like a football goal. the top of the spreader bolted to this. Of coarse it might make a differance depending on your bed and your spreader.

Hope this gives you some ideas
    Dennis

3. jzeller4

jzeller4 Member
    from ohio

do you got a reese hitch ? if so make a hitch mount, thats what i did with mine.

4. 98700

98700 Junior Member

There is no hitch on the truck. The bed is 12 feet long and it extends past the frame by atleast 3 feet.

5. 98700

98700 Junior Member

Anyone got a picture of how they did theirs?

6. jzeller4

jzeller4 Member
    from ohio

you could use a heavy angle iron, weld it to the spreader and bolt to the bed.

7. 98700

98700 Junior Member

That's true jzeller4 I could very well do that. I'll have to pick a salter up now and work with it a bit.

But if anyone else out there has any pictures on how they mounted theirs please post them up.

Nik

8. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I have a 1075 Snowex on my flatbed. I fabricated brackets to bolt on the frame mount of the spreader & then slide into the stake pockets on the rear of the bed.

9. jzeller4

jzeller4 Member
    from ohio

ill see if i can come up with anything else,