1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone with a older (96-01?) chevy 3500 HD?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by elite1msmith, Oct 27, 2010.

1. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

you should know if you own this truck- but it should have a bout a 15,000 gvwr, the front bumper is dropped down about 5 inches lower below the lights, and it does not come in 4WD , it was only avalible in 2 WD

i need to get or make either a western ultra mount or uni mount bracket. Im looking at buying one of these trucks out of state for a good price. I dont have one to look off of here

western did not make an ultra mount bracket for it, only a unimount..... however it is no longer avalible.

if anyone could post a few pictures of the bottom side of your trucks front end by the bumper. and possibly with a tape measure, i need to know if i can easily weld up a braket.

measurements needed are -

distance from bottom of frame by the bumper supports to the ground, ?

distance between ground and the lowest point on the bumper (plastic can be cut)?

distance between frame rails by the bumper

dimentions of the frame rail itself height x width