1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone with a new silverado 1500 and 7.6 plow?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Cobol Dude, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Cobol Dude

Cobol Dude Junior Member

Anyone who has a new silverado 1500 with the snow plow package and the fisher minute mount Rd 7.6? I was wondering if I am going to get the front end sag or is the plow light enough and front end strong enough to not sag? if it matters mine is a 2004 with the snow plow package.

Also will the plow installer touch the torsion bars or any other suspension parts? I am wondering becase I know the tires will be aligned if he does touch them.

Thankyou for your replies.
  2. mac3897

mac3897 Member
    from MA

I bought the same plow last year. I bought the timbrens at the same time I had the plow installed so I can not comment on the sag before the timbrens were on, but the front still sags just a bit now. so I can only assume that it was more sag before the timbrens.

I did a lot of research on this board before buying and everybody seems to recommend them especially for a 1/2 ton truck.

Just my .02 cents.

Hope it helps.
  3. Cobol Dude

Cobol Dude Junior Member

Hi Mac3897.
    Thanks for your reply. Does your truck have the snow plow prep package on it? Just curious.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2003
  4. mac3897

mac3897 Member
    from MA

No, I have and Ext cab so the snow plow package was not offered. I do have the tow package (which gives the tranny cooler) and the Z71 for upgraded suspension.

My truck handles the weight of the plow fine.

...now if it would only snow.... :)

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

The front will sag even with the plow package, I highly recommend a set of timbrens at the time of install. We wont, nor will most shops, even touch the torsion bars on the gms unless they are an alognment shop. Try the timbrens first and if its still an issue then take it to the alignment shop.
  6. Cobol Dude

Cobol Dude Junior Member

Thankyou for your replies. Happy Thanksgiving.