1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone want a GMC 3500hd?.......CHEAP lol

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by powerjoke, Jul 25, 2008.

1. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i hate this P.O.S.........8MPG......my westernstar with a 550hp CaT get's that kind of mileage

does anyone know how to get better millage out of this junker. WITHOUT JEPORDIZING WARRANTY?

it is a factory Cab/Chassis with a 411:1 rear.......but the thing doesn't have enough power to go any shorter

PJ

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Hmmm, that's is crap. I took the DPF off my one 07 and it got 2-3 mpg better. Even with 35" tires and a 6" lift I still get 14 around town, Our reg cab got around 21 mpg on the trip back from CT when we bought it. OUr trucks have 3 7 3's though. Diesel is cheap, so I wouldn't worry about it. :D

3. powerjoke

HAHA i can find 3 Bull Sit's in that quote lol lol lol lol ..

more power to ya but i am hesitant about removing the DPF.........warranty on that junk $9k motor kinda means somethin?

i wish i had my ol'e 2001 back.. it only got 18mpg :rolleyes: lol

PJ

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Straight pipe it and don't worry. I get along good with my dealer, I was just into the dealer last week and all they wanted to know was how hard it was to do it and if I had my engine light on. We keep our trucks for 10+ years, if you want to sell yours in a couple years don't screw with it. Our reg cab gets 16 around town and that's no BS, but we really don't drive stuff hard like you and Repo. :D

5. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

that sucks, gotta thank the EPA for the new emissions standards :gunsfiring: dont feel too bad though, all the new diesels are getting crappy mileage, my boss dealers 08 F350 dumpbed is pretty rough on diesel, im not sure what rear end he has probaly a 4.10...

6. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

I thought all duramax's had 3.73 rear ends?

7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Unless its one of the new 2008 lmm diesels its an older 6.5.
    It probably looks something like this but with a dump body on it. (random pic from photobucket)
    [​IMG]

8. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Exactly one of our 2008 F-350 p/u's with 8,000 miles on it is still getting 7 mpg.

9. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

WOW!!! Makes me VERY glad I got an '07! Never thought I'd be happy getting 12mpg highway w/a diesel!

10. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

Put the 3.73 gear back in...

What do you have on the back - a dump body? Don't let it idle so much, and drive like there's eggs under the gas pedal...

11. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

I'm getting 14-15 towing a 4500# trailer around town with my 07.5 LMM..Got 19 on a 750 mile trip a few weeks ago. Average speed was 71mph. Bone Stock...ussmileyflag

12. powerjoke

OLD THREAD....i know but i didnt realize i there was a couple of Q's unanswered

the truck in problem is a 08' with a flatbed/haybed ..... the thing does weigh 10,500# full of fuel and underbody toolbox.

JD. did you put a chip or anything on it to "fool" the computer when you went to a straight pipe?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  13. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

If your givin' this thing away or somewhere in that price range, I'll take one.:D

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

This is the tuner I bought, you have to call them and ask for a race tuner to get the DPF delete. http://www.pacificp.com/

15. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Yeah, f**k the EPA. Just kidding. You know the EPA is there to protect us, right? Without them maybe we wouldn't have catalytic converters and there'd be little reason for manufacturers to improve fuel economy, which is what the complaint is in the first place. Step back and look at the whole picture and you'll see that they aren't all bad. I don't like pollution and your crops probably don't like it or acid rain either. I had to go on a rant here because there are so many people that ***** about this stuff without stopping to think about it. Don't cut your cat or DPF off.

16. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

We have an 08 da/cc dually gets great miledge. Around 19 highway. Bone stock.

17. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

anyone call the dealer and b!tch to them and ask for reflash or reprogram on pcm.

my friend went and got a reflash and milage went down. called them up and b!tched and got a second reflash and all better + more to boot.

18. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

Hey PJ do you use any fuel additive?

19. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

they put the emisions on ther to help the enviroment right? but the emisions make it use more fuel, using more fuel is bad because then you need more oil to make fuel and we are running out of oil so............................... how is the emisions helping again???

get a complete aftermarket exhaust with the dpf delete, get a programer, and then if you have any issues, take it to the dealer after reinstalling your stock pipes. or just live with ****** fuel milage. for more info check over to the dieselplace dot com more than enough people over there to help out just like over here.