1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone using these block heater controllers yet?

Discussion in 'CONTROL-X2 Block Heater Controller Forum' started by Philbilly2, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Appears to be a new discussion area here.

I checked out the web site, $200 a pop. Might take a bit of time to recoup the cost, but decent idea.

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Never heard of them, might need investigation

3. Philbilly2

You buy it... I'll try it... sound good? Thumbs Up

4. ELEproducts.com

ELEproducts.com Inactive

Hello.

For a limited time, ELEproducts.com will be offering the CONTROL-X2 @ $155.00. This is a 27% savings. This is a real product with a real warranty. Limit one CONTROL-X2 per customer. This special incentive is intended to allow customers to assess the product and its potential value.

Navigate to ELEproducts.com and click the BuyNow red button.

Thanks,
    Shawn

5. Philbilly2

If you need a couple of guys to test them for free, Pat and I would be happy to help! :laughing:

6. Philbilly2

What is the amp load that they can handle? Possible to plug 2 machines in the same lot into one unit?

7. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

To get valid test results a couple units should be tested in an semi-arid climate at altitude.....Thumbs Up

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Link???????

9. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  10. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Pretty sure crappy tire sells a noma one that is timer based but only kicks in below -10... pretty much the same concept for $30 or 1/5 the price...

11. 1olddogtwo

I thought it was some high tech gizzo that had Bluetooth/app/ telecommunications. Kind of like my Dewalt batteries.

I personally haven't used a plug in heater in years in fear of the truck not starting....once in a while I'll plug if its still snowing and going out for clean ups. I helps melt the icey glass faster, besides I have a Home depot 20 dollar programmable timer I can use.

12. Mr.Markus

When I was younger I lived in an apartment at work and had to open up the transfer site on Sat mornings at 7 am. I would plug the backhoe in when I came home from the bar at 2 or 3am.
    Technology...

13. Mark Oomkes

Similar to my technology.

When we are finished plowing, we plug the trucks in. No timer to go bad. Only thing that might fail is if the circuit trips.

Does it cost more? Yes, but it's cheap insurance.

14. ELEproducts.com

ELEproducts.com Inactive

Hello,

We have posted a picture on Facebook of a typical fleet installation site, using the CONTROL-X2 controllers.

Thanks,
    Shawn

15. Philbilly2

Some of us are not cool enough to be on the facebook... :cry:

16. Mark Oomkes

Lol, I was waiting for that.

I was just starting to look at it when the stupid thing popped up asking to do whatever.

17. Mr.Markus

Plowsite is my Facepalm...

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  18. 1olddogtwo

Too many potstirs on Facebook for me

19. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

That's why I don't have the Facebook..........

20. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

They get the quick "delete from friends". Thumbs Up

I never knew how many idiots I went to high school with until the current election.

Back on topic, why not just do as others have said and plug it in when you get home/to the shop? As someone said its a good insurance that it will be ready to go.