1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone Using SnowEx 8000?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CTerrySGD, Nov 19, 2005.

1. CTerrySGD

CTerrySGD Member

I picked one up at the end of last year and never got to use it. Looks like I might get to try it out this week. Anyway... anyone that has one... Any tricks or things learned? I talked to one guy last year that said he didn't like his b/c it would get clogged up all the time. Then I looked at his uncovered salt pile in the parking lot and realized that he lost the cover for the top which means his material was always wet.... I have my salt stored in a covered bin and still have my cover for the salter....

Thanks in advance!

2. duramaxed

duramaxed Junior Member

hi, I have one and really like it. The electric motor is great, always starts, had an issue with the vibrator but was replaced(warranty). A must thing to do is to cut the medal plate covering the auger(about half), this allows the salt to come out much faster. I did a post last year with pics, try doing a search:waving:
  3. CTerrySGD

CTerrySGD Member

I looked for your thread with pictures about cutting the metal plate... can you repost? I took it off like some guys were saying and it looks like you would be losing a lot of salt down past the auger. I guess cutting it would be the right way to go.... I hate to cut something before I use it for the first time :)

I'm glad to hear from someone that likes their snow ex! when i searched the forums, there were a lot of unhappy people... hopefully there were just as many happy people that didn't report :) It seems like most people that didn't like the snow ex had something to do with wet material.