1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone using nitto terra grapplers? how do you like them?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by trqjnky, Nov 30, 2010.

1. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

im thinking about getting nitto terra grapplers for my 04 dodge 2500 with a cummins. was wondering if anyone else has experience with these tires?:mechanic:

2. Danscapes

Danscapes Senior Member

I have them on my F-250 right now. When they were new they were awesome! But i didn't rotate them as often as I should have and only got about 30,000 miles out of them. I'm shopping for tires now and think I might go this route because I'm so hard on them.....might as well go cheap.

http://www.treadwright.com/

3. nickacf7

nickacf7 Junior Member

I had them on my truck as well. I bought the truck with them on it and they had a far amount of tread left, a year later I needed new tires. But I did not retate mine either. I did like the tires looked good and did good in the snow. Now I have soon hankook's

4. h8to wrk

h8to wrk Member

I had a buddy who put them on his Dodge 3500 and they did not last at all. Im sure he liked how they worked but was extreemly dissapointed in the life of them

5. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

they were great at first now on year 2 and i am shopping for some new tires

6. welded wrenches

welded wrenches Senior Member

no terra grapplers....

what about these,,

mickey baja claw picc.jpg

7. timberjack

timberjack Member

I've got a set of 265-75-16's in "D" load range on my '00 k1500.

They've worn very well for me, i have about 30k miles on them in just over 3 years, and they still seem to have like new tread depth. They do quite well in snow and slush, but they don't have a lot of traction on ice when it's below 10-20 degrees f.

At the time they were a great deal, got them from discount tire for just under $500 delivered. I see now they are priced quite a bit higher. All in all, i'd probably buy them again, but i'd look around first for a better deal if one existed.

8. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

i got some. like them so far, good traction. as far as life, if i get 40k out of a set of tires, ill be happy.

9. 90w250mm

90w250mm Member
    from indiana

go for BFG AT's, you rotate them and balance them and you can get miles out of them and I am tlaking 60,000 + I have had them on my F250 as well as my old W250 and still looking good

10. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Consider Hankook AT's. They're becoming a pretty popular cost effective tire. TG's aren't nearly as agressive as other AT's, nor is the tread depth comparable to other brands. I don't like them.

I've ran every tire under the sun and liket the Hankooks the best for plowing. I had them on a truck I sold, and my buddie runs them on his Suburban. Load E's and they ride great. When my Ford is due for tires I'll probably get them.