1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone using a Super V2?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by sqdqo, Mar 3, 2012.

1. sqdqo

sqdqo Member
    from mqt mi

Just wondering if anyone is using a Super V2 and what your impressions are of the plow. It looks to have a better curve design for roadway type plowing, different than a Boss with just round curve. I have a Boss V and when I plow small roadways I get nothing but snow and ice coming over the front of the blade and on to the windshield even with the rubber flap. I am curious if the curve desgin on the Super V2 does any better job.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not at all. And the bulk in the center hinge causes them not windrow as good as the typical vee plow either. Which usually isn't as good to begin with (in comparison to a straight blade).

3. jkski

jkski Member

My experience has been great so far as I just switched over this year to the 8.5 foot Super V2 from an 8 foot straight blade. Personally, I think that it all depends on how deep the snow is and how the wind is blowing as to just how much, if any snow comes over the blade. We have 1 large very flat and open lot that I plowed about 1 month ago when it had 6" acumulated and I never had an issue with anything more than the usual little bit that gets tossed in the air. I ran about 15mph pushing and it threw the snow off the blade very nice and did not leave any windrows.
    It is a nice heavy blade and I have not found anything yet that my straight did better, so I am very happy I made the switch.

4. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

Bought one this year and am very happy with it in the one storm I got to use it........Can't comment on blowing snow though, as the storm wasn't very light. I did notice it is much, much easier on the truck and a more gentle ride plowing gravel driveways than my western unimount.

5. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

a friend of mine who has one loved it! he never mentioned anything about snow coming over the molboard.

6. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

The owner of our company uses an 8.6 super V2 and loves it...Zero issues at all...and we sell Boss ,Western and Snow Dogg....so that should tell ya something

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  7. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

The new Meyer stuff is just as good, if not better (with the great warranty) than any other brand out there, People still think Meyer is the old E-47 and ST 7.5's that everyone has had at sometime in thier business (by far the most produced molboard and hydraulic pump out there). The Lot pro's, Road pro's, Drive pro's, super V2's are extremely well built. The E-58H and E-72 are premium hydraulic units with fantastic reliabilty. ussmileyflag

8. Plow horse

Plow horse Senior Member

V plow

Hi I plow lots of farms and crazy drives, how are the v plows on uneven, or hilly stuff, like do they dig into pavement or any thing?

9. jkski

jkski Member

I think a lot of it will depend upon which configuration you set the plow in when pushing the terrain. In V mode the ends of each plow wing set lower than the middle point, until you get the entire plow on the ground in float mode, so if you try to plow with it raised a bit you may run into some issues but it you can use shoes you should be OK.
    In straight mode it will plow just like any other straight plow.
    In scoop mode, both wings forward past straight, the center will be lower than the wings until you get the plow on the ground.

My driveway is 1400 feet of stone and I push it in V mode with the plow slightly raised (no shoes) and just take it slow, then come back in straight mode turned to the left or right to widen things a bit.

Hope this helps.

10. Plow horse

Plow horse Senior Member

V plow

Thanks and yes great info, just making me drool for one even more.

11. jkski

jkski Member

Always glad to help and for what it is worth, I don't think you can go wrong with a V plow no matter what type of plowing you do as they are very versatile. I have plowed with straight blades for a long time and I have not found anything that my V blade will not do given the various configurations and the V has obvious benefits over the straight.
    I personally like Meyer and think their V blade is the best on the market.

Good luck and let's hope for some snow this winter!!!

12. Plow horse

Plow horse Senior Member

Thank you

Thanks for the info, I kind of like meyers to. A friend says to shake the snow "stick", not what we really call it, BUT any way We are Praying for snow TOO!

13. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

14. Plow horse

Plow horse Senior Member

thanks

Thanks, nice price. I will call about one for my loader. Thanks again