1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone using a Snow Way plow??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jab862, Dec 27, 2003.

1. jab862

jab862 Junior Member

I am looking into a Snow Way plow and was wondering if anyone has one or knows much about them. The ones I am interested in are the ST and MT models.

2. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

I have a Sno-Way 7.5' MT90 plow with the clear moldboard and the Down pressure system. I absolutely love it. Great plow easy on and off. Get it!! payup

3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I have a older 25 series 7.5' which would be a HT plow nowadays. It doesn't have many hours on it, but it is in great shape and have never had anything go wrong(knock on wood) to date. Don't know a whole lot about the ST and MT plows, but the ST plows look so short, I'd say definitely go with the taller plow.

4. computerguy

computerguy Member

I agree with the comment on the ST vs MT height issue. If you get a chance go out and actually look at the ST. Ugh, really low, I think 18". And I think the price is the same for either. And not too much difference in the weight. I went with the MT myself. It is on a 99 F150. I also put Timbrens all around. It rides stiffer but with little sag when the plow is on and that was the objective. What are you going to put it on? So far so good for the Sno Way. Now if we can just get some more snowpayup

5. coolgreen

coolgreen Member

SnowWay

I just put a 6.8-foot SnoWay on my 1995 Jeep Yj (Wrangler). I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but it looks pretty impressive. I like the low-weight factor.

With the down-pressure on it should act like a heavier plow for backdragging.

The price is a killer. In Canada it costs $6,100 to put one of these things on a Jeep. It's insane what we pay for things up here!

I bet my plow is about half that price in the U.S.

6. jab862

jab862 Junior Member

Snow Way

I want to put one on a 1500 Avalanche when I get it this spring - summer. The weight is why I first would consider the Snow Way.

7. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

I have the MT90 7.5' on my 1500 Avalanche. You will need timbrens too. I will try to get some pics up.

8. NHSnow

NHSnow Junior Member

Same setup at avalancheplow . Love it. I just put Timbrens on the front and my total drop when raised is now 1/2". I am not sure it is the BEST plow but for my own large driveway (need to keep it clear all the time for my wifes accounting business during tax season) and the dozen or so drives I do on the side, it is a good setup.

9. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I've been a Fisher guy for years but they let me down by discontinuing the plow for a small Blazer. I'm thinking of a Snoway now. Anyone got any advice? I had a Bronco II that got totalled and I have had a serious void without that little truck for circular drives. I am thinking of an 04 Blazer but want a little more than a personal plow.

10. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Blizzard makes one for it. All steel with power hitch. Should look at it. Picture on Blizzard plows .com.

11. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

I just put on a 6.8' ST on my 2000 TJ. coolgreen
    you are right I paid about half of what you did. As far as ST vs MT, the weight is about 100+ more lb's , that is why I went with the ST and when the plow is lifted I have about 2" left in the spring. It seems to be driving just fine. I am sure if I got the MT I would need to get timberns or airbags and that is more money and mods to my jeep. And so far it's my only ride. As far as of it being good, don't know. As soon as I put on my plow it stopped snowing (what a suprise):realmad: It depends what you will be plowing. I am sure the ST will be just fine for driveways and small lots.

12. coolgreen

coolgreen Member

stopped snowing

I know what you mean. I've had the SnoWay on the Jeep for about three weeks now and not a speck of snow. I was worried sick something was going to happen to my Ford earlier in the season, leaving me without any backup.

I've was out four times before I put the blade on the Jeep.

I am glad it didn't snow over the holidays, however.

13. Sndun

Sndun Member

I've had a 6'8" MT for about three years now. I say go for the MT, weight difference is well worth the added height.

14. Gusco

Gusco Senior Member

I bought a Snoway (Predator 29 7' 5") two years ago. Rigged it to a 2000 F250 7.3 Diesel. I am very pleased with it. And prefer it over my Boss.

I plow in Central Pa and it gets heavy use. Not too much this year though. =( Not much snow going on other than the last 10 inch fall) The Down pressure is a plus when backscraping. Although, to the newbie snow pusher i wouldnt recommend using it until you know how it works, as you can easily rip a driveway apart, push stone, or worse yet beat your equipment to hell. I had a newbie break mount bolts twice with it. It is built well and should stand the count. I love not having a chain to deal with. The stacking height is great. and the breakaway is just right. The one thing i do not like about it is the headlight clearance. which is easily solved.

15. Ken1zk

Ken1zk Senior Member

This season I purchased a Snoway st-80 for my 95 Nissan Pickup. My intention was to have this unit as a back up for my 85 Suburban with a meyer e-47. I was looking for a used setup for the Nissan, which I use in my other business and is in great mechanical and physical shape for it's age. I had a hard time finding anything to fit it. When I started looking at new units, same problem, no body made anything for my 10 year old import pickup. Snoway looked like my only option. I just had this unit installed January 3rd, so I haven used it that long, but I like the snoway so much that I hardly fire up the old suburban anymore. Yes it is only 18" high, but it still stacks up the snow. This past weekend we had a 10" storm and the snoway performed everybit as well as the old meyer. The down presser system really rocks, terrific back dragging capabilities. The smaller truck and lighter weight plow have another advantage, I use less gas payup
    I plan on replacing my Suburban next season, looking for a Ram 2500 or a F250, will most likely get the snoway 28V for that.

16. martyman

martyman Senior Member

I just phoned to price a Snoway and it's too expensive here in Canada. NO close dealers for service too :( I think I'm going for a blizzard next plow.

17. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

snoway

I purchased a 9' snoway HT last season,wireless remote and down pressure, great plow,just plowed a blizzard with it this week,if i wer'e to purchase any other plow,my second choice would be a curtis.

18. I have an ST80 and it did ok with the 12 inches we got on saturday, not bad for the 18'' moldboard. It stacks pretty good and the down pressure is worth it's weight in gold. I do wish it was bigger, but for 1200 bucks for a plow that was used one season, I couldn't pass it up.

19. tacraven

tacraven Junior Member

I have an MT model on a 98' 4x4 Ford F150 (new style truck). I bought it used. The bearing that the plow pivots on is worn out but overall it is great for such a light truck. The backdragging is excellent. I have the joystick control. :nod:

I need the wiring diagram for the switch at the pump housing. There are 2 brown wires, 2 blue and 2 yellow.

Thanks