1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone using a pull plow on a drw truck?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dstosh, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Have some condo's to plow this year. Looking at putting a rear plow on a F-350 Dump. Right now its only 7ft and I plan on making it a bit wider maybe 18"? Anyone running a similar setup?

Thanks

2. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

This is only 8 foot wide.

Back Plow.jpg

3. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

ProSeasons, that truck is a thing of absolute beauty. I'll have the tires on mine this wed, cant wait. What kind of flip up mirrors did you go with? Ebay heated ones? I've been trying to find out if I can get powered and heated flip ups for my truck.

Question, your dually width should be pretty much right at 8' maybe a little over depending on tire choice. Any issue with the rear plow not being wide enough?

4. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Thank you AiRhed.

Nah, it's okay,really. Ive got ONE really expensive home in the upscale neighborhood with a gorgeous cirlcular driveway that the Snoman does really well. The rest of my route are all straight drives.

I want the Ebling for my strip malls.

I'm down to watching Jerre's 'More Swing to the Wing' video only 6 times a day now!

What tires did'ja get? They've got heated Flip up Dodge mirrors on EBay?

Uhhh..., excuse me, gotta go.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Yup, have for a long time.

6. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

That's funny about the Ebling video's. I was watching those a while back, even made the wife watch a few times!

As for tires, I ordered a set of gnarly E-rated private label AT's along with a 3" front lift spring from Rockwell, and 1" hubcentric rear wheel spacers to go between my duals to eliminate any chance of tire chaffing with the increase in width.

Here's a pic of the tire.
    [​IMG]

They'll all be siped by the mechanic to about a 9/32" depth, just a shade over a 1/4". We'll see how it gos.

So your mirrors aren't heated or power or anything? Yes, they've definitely got heated ones on ebay, I'm leery of the power ones though, dodge never offered the power flip ups for our trucks.

7. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

What size Mark? 8'?

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

8'6" on DRW's.

Or 14'.

9. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Post some pics of your truck when you get the tires on. I love duallys with bigger tires.

10. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

Here are some preliminary shots. I'll get some with the plow on later.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Looks good man!!!