1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone using a hiway p series spreader??

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by trqjnky, Jan 17, 2011.

1. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

am i the only one using a hiway spreader?:mechanic:

2. SGC08

SGC08 Member

I had a stainless one for awhile. It was built really well. Never gave me any problems. I had to sell it to seal the deal on the worthless plow truck I was trying to get rid of.

3. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

i like mine, its been abused badly by the previous owner. i got it free, put a new gearbox on it and cleaned the carb. works great for me, im working on about 14 tons of sand spread with it so far.

i wonder why more people dont use them, seems like the buyers and westerns are all full of problems.

4. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

Started out with two model p steel spreaders over 10 years ago. Sold them after many years and bought 2 stainless steel. Been very dependable. check your connections where the harness plugs in. if you ever rewire, make sure you use alot of dielectric grease.

5. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

we run several of them. wesport

6. jimmyhank

jimmyhank Junior Member

works

we have the highway and seems very dependable except for the starter at the start of the season, it is almost always froze up