1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone using a Fisher MM2 on a 2012 2500?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by DHDB, Jan 23, 2013.

1. DHDB

DHDB Member

I am wondering if anyone is having problems with how their MM2 is mounted to the new 2012 2500's. My plow is actually operating fine. I was wondering of there is some sort of adjustment i have overlooked. This past fall I removed the plow from my 2004 2500 and reinstalled it on my new 2012 2500. First thing I noticed was the lower A-arm was angled upwards towards the plow. I removed the pivot pins and raised the A-arm to the bottom hole. The A-arm now rests level (very important due to having a dirt/gravel driveway). It now seems like I have lost a significant amount of working range (up and down height of blade). When raising the plow, the A-arm now hits the plow frame under the pump and limits the blade height. I plan on changing the A-arm height again and use the middle hole to see how it works out. Not sure if this is just a new dodge problem ( low front frame height=low attachment height=lower lifting height)?.
    Just curious if anyone else has experienced this same issue.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Did you get a new mount or just reuse your old one? Pretty sure they are different between 04 and 2012.

3. DHDB

DHDB Member

Push plates are brand new. Along with new Iso module andheadlight relay.

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Crazy I grew up in Walpole Mass, lived on Heritage Drive...

Post up a pic if you can, may help out.

5. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Adjust it lower, chain will be out of adjustment and you won't be able to lift as high because there is now less space between that crossbar and the A-Frame.

6. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

No problems here 2012 2500 with 8' X-Blade