1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone used these tires??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bigwhitesierra, Aug 12, 2008.

1. bigwhitesierra

bigwhitesierra Junior Member

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

check out the Dunlop radial rover R/T (not the A/T). ive been running them since last november and couldnt be happier. everytime i plowed with them i stayed in 2 wheel, unless there was a decent incline. They have a great snow/ice rating also a great treadwear rating for summer driving. They have serious bite to them. The nipples between the treads are still there after about 6000miles or so. They DO NOT spin in wet roads either, unless i really gas it. The tires are by far the best i have ever driven on and would recomend them to anyone.
  3. bigwhitesierra

bigwhitesierra Junior Member

just did a quick google search on them....look more agressive than the Generals. Definitely going to look into them. Thanks for the input!
  4. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

We sell a TON of those generals to the power company for all there line trucks. They hold up very well for them. As for the dunlops, I am not a fan. Far to many come back defective, so much so that we only order them in when a customer absolutely wants them. We no longer stock or recommend them at the warehouse.
  5. TurfKing360

TurfKing360 Member

I agree, the dunlops I have run always seem to have problems. I have seen guys run the generals and they seem to like them. I personaly run Goodyear Wrangler MTR's, I know there a little expensive but I never have a problem with them and they last for ever.
  6. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I run Goodyear Wrangler AT/D2 and I really like them as well.
  7. 18lmslcsr

18lmslcsr Senior Member
    from WI.

Have any of you tried Nokian or Dean tires?
    I've done a bit of reading at different forums and the BFG AT and the Cooper STT and General Grabbers seem to get allot of good responses..... Would like to get a set sooner rather than later.

8. tbrownell

tbrownell Member

I started running some Nokian Vatiivas on my f350 halfway though last winter and they gave me good bite to push my boss 9.2 V around with.
  9. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I am looking st NITTO Terra grapplers. Heard alot of good things about them. Anyone using them?