1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone used Snowdogg XP

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Doug Price, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Doug Price

Doug Price Member
    from Ohio

I got a good price on a Snowdogg XP. I now have a meyer with pro wings and dont like it very much at all but its the plow that came on my truck so im thinking of getting rid of it. The price is pretty cheap so i might do it but i wanted opinions from people who have had experiences with these plows. The one thing about them i dont like that is diffrent from the Blizzard 810 or Western wideout is the fact that the wings do not move they only go in and out but thats not so bad to me because i can still have wings in it when i pull them in to 8ft just for drive way purpose. Please let me know what you think and or if you have any other recommendations for a plow. Thanks

2. The PuSher MaN

The PuSher MaN Senior Member

I believe the snow dogg has a scoop mode just like blizzard does. I heard there is a lawsuit between snow dogg and fisher/blizzard over the xp because they had the powerplow design patented.

3. Doug Price

Doug Price Member
    from Ohio

Snowdogg's wings are in a permanent 20degree position. They only expand

4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Negative. The patent infringement suit was in regards to a "quick attaching and detaching snowplow mounting system" and "system for automatically switching between truck headlights and plow headlights". There were other claims, none of which were in regards to infringement of the expanding wing snowplows. :nono:

5. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Douglas Dynamics lost.
    Buyers is owned by S.A.M., there a huge company with serious resources. I really doubt D.D. has the extra cash to play hard ball with them in court.
    WHo else had the balls to make an expanding wing plow, bring it to market, and not worry about law suits ?
    JMO

6. bubbles10

bubbles10 Member

anyone have pics of this plow on a truck

7. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Yeah I wanna see pictures I really want to get an XP when I get a dump truck

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

And here is why

and DD patent covers the ROTATING action. Expanding blades have been around for years in excavating and farm equipment.

Check my facebook page try November
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Basher-and-Son/124310997587306?sk=wall&notif_t=wall

9. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

10. Doug Price

Doug Price Member
    from Ohio

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

For a 2500HD, no way to heavy.

12. Doug Price

Doug Price Member
    from Ohio

I know 3 guys who have them on there 2500's and have no problems

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You asked my opinion, I won't argue with you do whatever you want. :nod:

BUT unless it's a 6.0 liter regular cab long bed truck Buyers (Snowdogg) agrees with me and no dealer should install it. If they do they are taking on huge liability risks.

14. Doug Price

Doug Price Member
    from Ohio

It would go on this
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=119357

15. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Fixed it for ya.......:eek::eek:.....Thumbs Up

16. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Ya those darn copy cats !
    I guess Boss Fisher Western and Snoway fall in that category as well with there v-blades Thumbs Up ussmileyflag

17. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

Take a look at this other posting http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=109947 couple of pics. We have installed 3 this year and so far everyone has nothing but good to say about them. Did have a couple of leak problems but it was loose hoses, a few turns with a wrench solved the leaks. They worked great in the heavy snow a few weeks ago.

18. John Murphy

John Murphy Senior Member

Wrong! Douglas Dynamics won, and was awarded damages on two separate patent infringements. You may want to recheck your facts. Or at least, take your own advice that's at the bottom of all your posts.

19. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

:laughing:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  20. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Correct me if I'm wrong but while DD did win two separate patent infringement claims didn't they file five?

Again correct me if I'm wrong but the math I learned means they (Douglas Dynamics) lost three?

If that is true then they (Buyers) won 60% of the filed actions putting them ahead on points.

How many of the five are in appeal?

What two patents did Douglas Dynamics win?