1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone used it on weather stripping?

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by Bad Luck, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Part of my service routine is to lubricate all the weather stripping on the doors with some kind of lubricant. Used Fluid Film tonight. wesport
  2. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Not used it....but.. That stuff sure does seem to allow dirt to stick to it pretty easy. Might make like a sand paper.

Worse yet it could rub off on the wife's clothes when you take her out for one of those fancy sit down dinners.

Just thinking out loud,
  3. Toolman Taylor

Toolman Taylor Junior Member

I've always used silicone (dielectric) grease and then wipe it off until it only looks wet - no gobs to track in.
  4. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Since Fluid Film remains wet you will get the initial dusting, but Fluid Film is actually recommended in heavily dirty or dusty atmospheres because you won't get that dirt build-up. With no solvent content, Fluid Film will not get gummy or sticky so the dirt won't keep accumulating.
  5. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

I see. So in this case can you wipe it down or just best to let it sit?
  6. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

fluid film on rear airbags

hey do you think that this stuff would keep (rear rubber air bags) from weather checking and possibly keep rubber products pliable ?????
    any input appreciated

Last edited: Dec 16, 2006
  7. dieselpusher

dieselpusher Senior Member

what in tarnation is a sit down dinner...the only dinner i know is drive thru
  8. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Sorry, it looks like I let this one slip by. You could wipe it down so it won't come off on hands or clothes but it will still protect. As far as rubber goes, Fluid Film is safe except for 100% natural rubber. It can cause some swelling.
  9. oman1999

oman1999 Senior Member

I wipe ALL the seals down on everything. All my vehicles. Stops them from freezing shut. Excellent product. Buy 10X more than you think you'll need, then find more uses for it!