1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone used a HS50 honda snowblower? Lil help.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Little Truck, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Little Truck

Little Truck Junior Member
    from Indy

I found a used one, it has the tracks... But I cant decide if I should get this used small Honda 2 stage or get a new 2 stroke single stage. The used Honda is still gona cost me $700 or so, and I can get a new "lesser" 2 stage blower for that much or a good single stage...
    Is this Honda to small for wet snow? My last two stroke single stage did a great job till it seized (my bad, never get distracted when you fill up)

I am going to do my driveway and a few others, but if the option comes up to make a few bucks with it I would jump at the chance.

I really want to spend $800 or less.
  2. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

I have one and I love it. The single stages are nice as well but when the snow gets around 6 inches and above you'll be glad you got the 2 stage. Heck, buy the HS50 first, then next season,with your profits, buy the single stage for the lighter snow falls!!! And be careful when you a throwing that snow forty feet in the air!! P.S I bought mine new for 1400.00
  3. Little Truck

Little Truck Junior Member
    from Indy

I am trying to buy a used Honda with tracks, but I guess if it does not work out I will have to get a newer unit from Ariens. Probably have to get the residential unit to stay in budget.

I may look into the Toro single stage with the larger 2 stroke motor.