1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone used a bobcat ice scraper

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by lordstanley, Dec 29, 2008.

1. lordstanley

lordstanley Member

I remove snow from one location (huge church takes up ten city blocks w/ parking for 10,000+) and we use three Ford 350's and one Bobcat S185. Thinking of purchasing an ice scraper attachment for the bobcat. Anyone use it, familiar with how well it works? Know where to find one for a decent price?

2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I have one and love it!

I bought it on ebay for super cheap, but not that I have used one I would pay retail anyday! I am looking to add one for every site that I have storage and then jockey them around as needed.

its basicly a farming disc on its side that gets underneath ice/mud/tiles.

3. lordstanley

lordstanley Member

can't seem to find any other than what Bobcat sells. What did you pay for yours? Ever see any for sale online or know of anyone who makes them or have ideas for making one? Look pretty easy to build- thinking of welding to a 2" pipe and installing in a skidsteer hitch receiver plate with a disk- think that would work?

4. salopez

salopez Senior Member

well I paid 305...however they retail for 1100.

I have only seen the bobcat ones as well. Its the pin and disc mount that would be problematic for making your own.