1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone use Xtender on their wings

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by rjfetz1, Jan 5, 2008.

1. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

Just curious if anyone has tried the Xtender from Winter Equipment on their wings.
  2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Been meaning to do this for awhile as a remedy for rapid smiling of the wings. Its a good thing.

Jerre had them in stock, last I knew.
  3. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

Xtender? whats that? Can you give me a link ? Thanks Ken:nod:
  4. Mich plower

Mich plower Junior Member

We use Extentors and double wing steels here.
  5. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

ok Does anyone have a pic of the Xtenders? or a website? Thanks Ken
  6. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

There's a link to winter on my site.

7. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Yep, have Jerre and Tom's magic touches on 3 of mine, so far so good. The only way to go. They are showing ZERO wear so far. My personal plow with doubled edges is showing a fair amount of wear already this year. When they're gone, they're getting them too.
  9. chazg33

chazg33 Member

i put a pair of the extendors on my 810 blizzard,i welded them on the steel wings got 1 1/2 seasons on them so far,cost around 100.00,there wharehouse is about 25 minutes away from me just ordered on the phone and picked up later that afternoon,there located in willoughby ohio 44094,great product, the city out here uses them on all ther plow trucks,,,
  10. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

Thanks for the replys guys - probally getting them from Jerre along with some night sabres.
  11. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

Well I have one driver that is great BUT he think the plow needs to be in Bucket 98% of the time. So his plow has SMILES within a couple of event after a new set of edges even after doubled up edges. He is get a set of Extendors.

I run curbs alot and in bucket on the curb line out in front of a F-550 load with salt I am really wearing the 1 1/4" hardened curb blocks down. SO, I am going to try a set of the curb guard with the Carbide on the outter edge and a longer lenght on the bottom. Hope the wrap around with also help with the clean ups.

The last experiment I am going to try is a two center section on the main edge right inside with the wing stops when all the way in. I think this will help with uneven wear from exessive windrowing to right/left. That will also go on the 8611LP on the F-550 I drive during events.

I will be sure to get some pics up with the orange add-ons before they get painted. Would love to get the 400% increased wear out of the edges on all 5 of my plows.

Ron G.
  12. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

I was at Rushing the other day (Thursday) for a new edge. Noticed you moved out. How is the new yard working, Eric said its nice but the shop isnt huge like his lol. I also saw the blade with the mangled wing WTF, cracking a double cutting edge? Is the driver still hurting from that one? Let me know how your experiments work. Also you get a hold of that western-like hand held yet?

13. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

What are night sabres? Couldn't find them on Jerre's site.
  14. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Night Saber 2's, new model out from Meyer. You can see them up close on there site. Re wired for the Blizzards. Try to post some other picts up too.