1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone use wireless remotes for their spreaders?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by DirtyJerzey, Dec 30, 2008.

1. DirtyJerzey

DirtyJerzey Senior Member

Having some trouble here. My swenson vbox came with a wireless remote control. while taking the battery out to find the battery number to buy some spare batteries I hit the "create" code button on the back of the remote and now Im guessing erased whatever code was on there to control the spreader. The controller is a Linx technologies and it is an HS RF model. There website tells you how to program garage doors by using your existing remote, but shows nothing abut salt spreaders. I of course need this tomorrow probably. Anyone have a clue how to fix this thing? My only idea is waiting til the AM and going back to the dealer and buying a new controller, if they even sell them seperately from the vbox

2. DirtyJerzey

3. SGC08

SGC08 Member

Did you ever get this to work? I am having the same problem. I took the battery out to find a replacement and it lost its programming. I followed the programming instructions from Swenson but it doesn't work.:realmad: Just wondering if you ever got yours fixed.

4. DirtyJerzey

Yes I got it working, once I talked to the dealer it was pretty damn easy and I felt like an idiot. Basically you press that little create button on the back of the remote once it starts to flash blue then you press every one of the spreader operations buttons on the remote. Now you have set the remote. If you have a sweson like mine, if you open up the engine cover right behind the engine and to the right of the battery there is a litle black box siting down on the engine frame its probably the size of a chalk board eraser. Open up that box and in the right corner there is a button with a red led. Press any of the buttons on the remote, than press the button inside the little block box and you should be up and running

5. SGC08

SGC08 Member

Unfortunately, that's what I did. There must be something wrong with mine. I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer. Glad you had better luck with yours.