1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone use trip edge scoop dogg?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kc2006, Nov 16, 2015.

1. kc2006

kc2006 Senior Member

Looking at push boxes for a loader and I found a new left over scoop dogg 12' pusher for a decent price, 4100 otd (everyone else around here was 5300otd for current year model). Problem is, I can't find any reviews on them. I realize the side plates are just fixed so it's like a middle of the road pusher, but I wanted to see how the trip assemblies hold up. They look extremely simple, just a torsion spring bolted at each cutting edge, its so simple it almost doesn't look strong.

So anyone have any experience with them? How do the trip assemblies hold up? Anything else to note?

I'm debating between it and a boss bx-12 for 5200-5300 shipped...I know the boss is really BA but I'll be the one using the loader and don't see the fixed sides of the dogg being an issue, so I dunno if 1100-1200 more will really be worth it.

2. blizzardsnow

blizzardsnow Member

I bought a 12' trip scoop dog before last season. Had it on a backhoe, at a walmart, with an experienced operator. Right now it's at the fab shop in preparation for this season. It's a twisted mess. Bent back on both sides of center and twisted up on one side.

I wish I had bought the boss. I was so close last winter.... But I cheaped out and now I'll have same amount of money in it.