1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone use this???

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by AC2717, Oct 27, 2009.

1. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

Hi guys I was searching for plow lights for the back of the truck on a budget and came across this and I was thinking of getting it so I can remove it so it would not get damaged I was going to put it behind the beacon light facing the back on my roof

6" OFF-ROAD FOG DRIVING LIGHT LAMP+MAGNETIC BASE 4X4 KC

seems like a great idea

NV-806C.jpg

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

How much is it? I like it, definitely don't have to worry about the wiring corroding with the weather or loose connections.

3. FOX-SNO-REMOVAL

FOX-SNO-REMOVAL Senior Member

4. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

found it on ebay for $19.99

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

if thats anything like a real 100w off road light won't that draw a bit too much power to be running it out of a cig lighter plug? jw as i know the wires that feed those plugs are real small

6. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

100 is a little large....

my buddy found a 55 watt one.....but you can do the same thing by takign a old square beam headlight and gluing a magnet on the bottom....

i did a long time ago and put it in wifes trunk by spare tire....cig cord to sealed beam....cheap and easy

7. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

I went ahead and purchased the light. it was total $22.99. $9.99 plus $12.00 for shipping. Yeah I know shipping is a lot but overall the total price is less than what I found in stores. Bought it on Ebay from "Racing Guys" Store. They had positive feedback of 99.8%. For that price I will try it. I did find it online all the way up to $55 like Fox-Sno had said

8. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Well see what the guys plowing behind you say... You may BLIND them !!!!!

9. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Looked like a 50 watt H1 bulb.... I don't know what the housing is made of but looks like something that you maybe replacing several times.

10. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

We will see,
    I only plan on turning it on when doing driveways so I can see when I back up, wont be on all the time. For $22 I think it is a good deal/price, to test something out

11. nixray

nixray Senior Member

I belive Auto Zone and/or Advance Auto Parts stock these

12. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

All I use is a $22 set of 55watt fog lamps mounted to the bottom of my bumper next to my hitch, even if they last 1 season, Ill be ok with replacing each yr.
    Good luck