1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone use this controller?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MnDLawn, Dec 12, 2008.

1. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

If so, how do you like it? It looks a little awkward to me, but I like the job time tracking option. Looks like it has a spreader control on it too.

[​IMG]

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

It looks like it should include at least 4 hours of on-site training to teach you how to use it. Thing looks huge.

3. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Does that thing strap to your leg? It looks a little big to be holding that in your hand. I would like the idea of having one controller to control both your spreader and your plow. That would be kinda nice.

4. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

Not sure if you hold it in your hand all the time or if you can strap it to your leg. It just looks like a lot of thumb movement compared to a Fisher or Western V controller. I like the wireless part though.

[​IMG]

5. Ditchdiggin

Ditchdiggin Member

How much and where do you get one?

6. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

i like the programmable options
    button A- scoop mode
    button B- straight blade
    button C- V-mode

7. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

its the new snow way controller...ask basher or toby

8. SGC08

SGC08 Member

I have the same thing but in the wired version. I only used it for one short storn so far. It takes some getting used to but I like it.

The spreader controls are in the works, probably a year or two from being functional but a good idea. Right now, those buttons are not functional.

The time tracking and macros are great. It looks kind of intimidating but you need a bunch of buttons to control a bunch of functions on these plows.

9. PTSolutions

are these universal? is there a module you can plug into any plows controller harness to make it work with these?

10. SGC08

SGC08 Member

No, it's Sno-way's controller for the MegaBlade series.

11. NootDogg

NootDogg Senior Member
    from WI

We have one for our Sno-way v. It works pretty good. I also work at Sno-way in Hartford.

12. PTSolutions

ya, i noticed the sno way logo on the pictures, but the way this thread was posted kinda made it sound like it was available as a universal system as well.

13. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

My bad. :eek:

14. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

after a little getting used to, i think that could be a very handy controller with all of the available controls and settings

15. PTSolutions

no prob bud! lol

16. havent used it but looks to me like it would be a little large. wireless is good but ill stick with my fisher handheld!!

17. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

never plowed with one in an actual snow storm but there was a sno way rep at one of our local county fairs and I got to use the controller. its like a TV remote, has a lot of buttons but only a few you actually will probably use. I only played with it and the plow for about 5-10 min and already started to get use to the button locations and I normally run boss handheld controllers so there was a big difference. I like the controller and the wireless feature was pretty sweet. The A B C buttons are buttons that you program for yourself with commonly used positions. For instance on the New Rev if you liked the position
    \__/ but plowed on a gravel lot which i do you could program it to go the that position and up about an inch off the ground automatically which for me with a few gravel lots and they never seem to freeze anymore I think it would be nice. the controller is def a little bigger than most but its no too large and i think a leg strap would be a sweet idea.