1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone use these?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Beercan, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Beercan

Beercan Junior Member

2. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

On the description is says using this will cut down on plow time....I doubt that. I know nothing about them but I wouldn't drop $50.00 on it...just my .02. If you get it, please post a review though :)

3. Beercan

Beercan Junior Member

I'm just tryin to limp my plow through one more winter and its got some cancer right above the cutting edge so this is a one season fix

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

We use them on patched Moldboards all the time. First we prep and patch the moldboard then spray a light coat of sprayliner to protect he surface from further corrosion. once it's dry (seconds) we install the polyskin. You do not have to do the sprayliner step we just feel it helps protect against future corrosion.

5. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

The cancer you have above your cutting edge is most likely a hole. If you don't patch the hole first, the this product isn't going to help, because it has to be mounted in the same area you are describing.

6. Beercan

Beercan Junior Member

The hole(s) will be fixed beforebut not pretty like. figured this wouldbe a cheap way to skirt through one more season before the upgrade

7. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

As long as the structural portions of your blade are good, patch the holes in the moldboard, slap the skin on and you'll be good to go. Got a few extra seasons out of several blades this way.

8. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

I put one on my old Unimount that I just sold. I put it on last year. It really keeps the slushy snow from sticking as badly. It also covered up my 2 rust holes. I believe that it did save some time for me. The snow rolls off much easier, and seems to roll it farther. I did one of the poly skins, and put on a set of Buyers wings. What a difference they made!

kevlars

9. snocrete

snocrete Banned

how thick is the material on the poly skins?

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No more them I/8 i believe. Doing one later in the week I'll throw a set of calipers to it.

11. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

They are about 1/16" thick. Mine held up fine. Hardly a scratch on it.

kevlars

12. Beercan

Beercan Junior Member

Thanks guys this is definately they way im gonna go. Thanks for the input