1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone use their new spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by mikelawtown, Dec 22, 2007.

1. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

I'm looking for advice on people who like/dislike their tailgate spreades..I'm looking for a hitch mounted spreader for salt and with 2 jobs and plowing all i do is 10 driveways..so something inexpensive but not cheap.Thanks..Mike

2. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

Spreader

I have had 0 problems with my Snow-ex 1075. This spreader is 5 years old with just regular upkeep. I wash the spreader out after everytime we salt & then spray a non-stick liquid over the whole thing after that, I also spray the spinner with a lube everytime.

3. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I installed my Snowex mini 575 this year and really like it i too wash it after every use and store it in my garage, i used to have the Byers suv tailgate spreader the last two years and it worked good also, i sold that when i bought the Snowex

4. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

look into the 5 series of whatever you buy..

snow-ex
    western
    buyers

i liek my western so far..

5. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

I have a Sno-Way 9cu ft and for salt, it's great.

If all you are doing is 10 driveways, and not looking to pick up any more, you might want to consider a walk behind broadcast spreader w/rubber tires. They spread well, and are a lot less $ than a tailgate/hitch mounted spreader. You can also run sand through them if you need to.

Just my $0.02